TKR Lounge Dr and mini peddlers

Hi everyone, I have a question and hoping for some help…. I seem to be having a lot of muscle pain , not just over the left knee, but also in my right leg and lower back. I have a Costco (Kirkland) bottle of muscle relaxant. Each capsule contains 200 milligrams of Ibuprofen along with 500 milligrams of methocarbamol. Would it generally be safe to take a couple of these several hours after taking an oxycodone? I can’t seem to find much info about this.
Thanks!
 
@Mom2Lucy I'm so sorry to read that you are suffering from muscle pain. It's not uncommon as your body adjusts to all the changes from the TKR.

I encourage you to check with your doctor's office before combining these drugs. While the ibuprofen shouldn't be a problem, the Mayo Clinic recommends against taking methocarbamol with oxycodone because it can cause serious side effects. However, your doctor might be able to modify your oxygen dosing regimen so you can take both.

Sending hugs :console2: and hoping you feel better soon.
 
Well, I have made it through the first month post-op! The last few days have been really decent pain-wise, and I am hoping that will continue. I have not needed any oxycodone, and am managing with Tylenol Extra Strength plus Ibuprofen. Lots of icing and elevation too. An infrared heating pad has helped my lower back a lot....
I have not done any physiotherapist appointments since leaving the hospital, nor have I done the exercises the physiotherapist insisted I must do.
The ADL’s listed here on our forum are completely efficient for recovery, and I hope this 2nd month goes well.
I’d like to send out encouragement to all the bonesmarties who have just started their recovery journey. It does get better! Hang in there:console2:
 
Hi @Mom2Lucy :wave:

I see you are coming up on two months post LTKR.

How is this recovery going? Give us an update when you have a chance!
 
Hi @benne68 thanks for thinking of me:)
I think I am having a better recovery this time around, (compared to the other knee in 2018) overall there has been less pain and walking has been easier.
I still find getting in and out of a vehicle challenging, so I limit how often I go out.
I made a mistake though by going to a physiotherapist twice, the first visit was ok. ( I had seen her before for nerve pain in my right leg, due to my back, and that has given me some trouble again. That was the reason for my appointment)
I foolishly agreed to a 2nd visit on Wed March 30, and now that visit was a bad one, it has set me back with increased pain in both legs and my lower back. I could barely move yesterday. She did a lot more movement/ treatment on both legs, and my lower back. I regret going, and I won’t be going back.
On a funny note though, when I saw her for the first visit, March 23, she was very impressed with my movement, amount of swelling, walking, and the scar appearance. She was sure I was doing all my prescribed exercises, etc. She was visibly deflated when I told her I had not done those exercises and adl’s were all I had done, with great results.
I can’t help but believe that is why the second visit was so much worse. I swear (some) physiotherapists just can’t allow themselves to believe they are not needed:rofsign:
Thanks for hearing my story, and checking on me! Hope everyone is enjoying spring weather!
 
I'm so sorry that your PT visit this week was a bad one, @Mom2Lucy ! It's just not fair when someone who is supposed to help us get better ends up making things worse.

But I'm glad to hear that this recovery is going well for you. Give yourself the latitude to rest and recuperate from the unfortunate PT session. I suspect you'll go back to your ADLs with a whole new perspective!

:flwrysmile:
 
Well! Here I am at three months post-op, funny how fast the time has gone by. Saw my surgeon today and he is very pleased with my recovery to date. Cleared to return to work, so I am starting in two days, but half-time for the first week. Then back to full time.
The physio at the surgeon’s office felt my bend should be better, (93 degrees today) . She also questioned if I could walk five blocks without my cane , ummm no. :sigh: What a strangely specific number, lol.
Anyway, my surgeon is happy and so am I!
 
Happy to read you are doing so well, @Mom2Lucy ! :loveshwr:

I say, if you are happy and your surgeon is happy, don't think twice about what the physio says.

Let us know how the return to work goes.
 
Take it easy on your first week back to work. When you get home, don't do much. Going to work is enough exercise for the day. You will probably swell more, so spend as much time as you can icing and elevating.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom