TKR Lin's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a big problem for me, I try if possible to sit in a higher firm chair and one with arms however I am not always that lucky. Toilets are my biggest challenge, some are to low, no bars etc... I'm glad I saw this post because since it's been 8mths for me, I think these things only happens to me!
 
Pumpkin a friend told me about this site. Initially I would read every one else's post but never put much input in it. I have actually been stuck in the feeling of whoa is me. My main question would be to all that experienced this how long is this going to take? Then I would get depressed because some people seemed to be doing much better than me at 8 mths. I am a nurse who works those 12 hrs shifts and sometimes just run the whole shift. So my manager would ask, how much longer? Needless to say I am still an employee but lost my position. My knees tell me what I can do and can't do. Thank you friends for this site.
 
My therapist said to practice standing and rock your feet heel to toe. And back. Then as you stand, rock to your toes from your heels. This keeps you from rolling backward and loosing your balance.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
my PT told me to take the weight through my thighs to my heels and not to try to use the ball of my foot. It certainly felt a lot more secure doing it that way.
 
I always use the handicap stalls so I have bars otherwise I might be stuck. At this point I am 9 weeks out on one knee and 5 weeks out on the other , but I still have a lot of pain getting up from any sitting position. I hope it starts to improve soon.
 
Lin, That's my problem and I am 8 months post op. People who have never had this surgery don't understand, they look at me like wow!
 
So I went back to work yesterday .. Part time to start which is 5 hours until Sept 18th. My first knee was replaced 10 weeks ago , the second one 6 weeks ago. The day went pretty good , but by the time I was getting ready to go home I was really ready.. Both knees hurt but thr one I had done 10 weeks ago was worse. I went home , put my feet up and iced.. That's about all I did the rest of the day..lol I don't want to cause damage to anything but I really want to be back to work.. Any advice?
 
@Lin, I have
[Bonesmart.org] Lin's Recovery Journey
your thread title to "Lin's Recovery Journey, and I have
[Bonesmart.org] Lin's Recovery Journey
your three recovery threads. We like to keep our members' recovery posts all in a single thread. That way it's easy for us to go back and read your history before responding to a question or concern. In addition, the thread becomes a journal of your recovery for those who come along later and want to read about you. So, please post in this thread from now on when you want to give an update or ask a question. If you have questions or concerns that need an immediate answer, please tag an admin, a mod, or other members or all three.

If you decide you'd like a different thread title at any point, just post what you want here and we'll get it changed for you. THANKS!


If you are having a problem locating your thread, here is a link with how to do it: How can I find my threads and posts?
 
I had my first knee done June 22 and the second one july 22. I am back to work full time and doing ok except that now that cooler weather is here I seem to have trouble wearing jeans or any long pants that put any preasure at all on my knees. I wore jeans 3 days in a row and by the third day both knees were swollen and painfull.. Any ideas on what I can do?
 
Hi, you are much further along than me, congrats on being back at work! The district nurse specifically advised me against wearing jeans, which she said would rub it, but advised soft material like cotton, Jersey, linen etc. I'm finding loose midi length skirts or track suits most comfortable. Good luck!
 
I didn't wear jeans for a long time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom