TKR Lindylee's RTKR 20 January 2020

@aries and Lindylee, glad to hear of your progress. Wish I could have a bath!
everything in France now closed. We went out yesterday to the tax office as part of process to register car in France, and it was closed, even though we understood govt. offices were to be open. Towns empty. Big car parks empty. We did go to a special food shop in Bergerac, Grand frais, which was open, but as of today intend to go out very little. Got lots of food and toilet rolls!( no not stockpiled) a very frightening, very contagious virus.
Very tired when we got back, but knee is ok. When I get out of bed in the morning my back and hips hurt initially, so much I have difficulty walking. Not my knees. Need to lose weight I think.

@henrietta sounds like you are doing ok. It's a slow process isn't it. I have back problems and because I am not walking properly, really giving problems. Just more to deal with. Given that we can't go out too much walking around the house will have to suffice. Take care xx

I had a lot of back trouble after my first knee. I have scoliosis anyway and the backache was worse than the knee. Fortunately, now I have 2 straight legs it's much better. I guess the back is back to the position it was before the surgeries.

Sounds like back ache is common. Hope it improves but I know losing weight would help....

Yesterday I was out walking, became distracted looking at some building work and next thing I knew I was flat out on the pavement! 2 very sore knees, bruised knuckles, a graze near my eye and a cut chin. :swoon:

I was more worried about the new knee than anything else, as you can imagine. A very nice workman helped me up and, as I was quite shaken up and a bit wobbly, helped me home. The knees stiffened up quite a bit and were very sore last night, but I took a couple of painkillers, sprayed them with an arnica spray and they seem fine this morning :) :-) (:

I won't win any beauty contests though as I have some lovely bruises and swelling on my face and neck! At least I'm in one piece still. I think I'll have an easy day today. :sleep:

Oh dear, sorry to hear about your fall, but it happens so easily. Glad to hear that you are OK and it is probably best to have a restful day. Take care.

That is a fear of mine. I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt. Stop and enjoy those views next time. :)

Lindylee very sorry to hear about your fall. Frightening, but I think it proves those new knees are resilient. Take it easy for a day or two.

Thank God, you are OK, just sore. It can happen in a split second.

I’m so sorry you fell! :console2: I’m glad there are only minor issues as a result. I had a fall of my own recently, they are definitely not fun.

Thanks all. My knees are a little sore by the end of the day, but nothing serious.

In these worrying times isn't it nice how much kindness there is around? Someone on our local residents FB page heard I was unable to find any eggs this week and dropped 6 off this afternoon refusing to take any money for them. I said if I couldn't repay her kindness by doing the same for someone else I'd put the money in a charity box or give it to a homeless person.

Oh my goodness! I came here to check on you and you go and take a fall. Glad you are okay.

@Zommom I know! I can't be left alone for a minute. :loll:How are you doing in these strange times? We're on lockdown, only allowed out to shop for essentials or medical appointments and to exercise once a day as long as we stay 2 metres away from anyone who doesn't live in our house. Who knows when it will end?

I'm doing pretty good. I am considered an essential employee (financial sector) and manager so I have been juggling employees that need to be working from home and those of us that are here. social distancing for us is 6 feet. Restaurants are closed, schools movie theaters etc all closed. Such a strange time to live in. Stay well

@Zommom Being over 70 we're classified as being in the 'at risk' group, although trying to convince my husband hasn't been easy! Nearly everything has shut down, really it's only food shops, pharmacies and DIY shops that are open.

You see some stupid videos of people being totally irresponsible, but so many heart warming stories and communities coming together to help each other out. We'd been unable to find any eggs anywhere and a lovely young woman I'd never met dropped some off refusing to take any payment. People have set up groups of volunteers on a local basis to help those who can't get out.

Tonight at 8.00 pm the whole country is being encouraged to stand outside or at an open window to clap in support of all the NHS and emergency workers risking their lives to save others. I hope when this is over that the community spirit will remain and new friendships forged so that some good comes out of it all.

Take care, stay healthy and safe.

We had a problem finding eggs but discovered a couple of farm shops quite near to us that had plenty. Not sure whether you have any farm shops near to you.
Thanks for the reminder about going outside tonight yo applaud NHS.
Hope that you have recovered from your fall and knee is OK

@aries We have a farm shop not too far away and a relative lives close to it so I contacted her to see what the situation was. She'd been the day before and bought eggs herself, but she went on the day and said it was bedlam, full,of people,with trolleys taking no notice of the guidance on distance.

We've been lucky in getting a home delivery this week and managed to get most things including eggs.

Bruising has come out on both knees now and they're a little sore, but nothing you wouldn't expect after a fall. The face is still a picture. I could be an extra in a film as a victim of a mugging and wouldn't need any make up!

How are you coping with the lockdown?

Yes as it is nice weather it has been good to get out in the garden
We have a small greenhouse so I have planted loads of seeds and planted up some plug plants. We have a pretty big garden, so there is always a lot to do. As the garden centres are closed, I intend to order some more bedding plants online, but you are never quite sure what you are going to end up with.
We have an online food delivery booked for tomorrow, but not sure if we can get any additional slots despite being loyal customers for 14 years.Are you managing OK for food?
After my first knee replacement, I was delivering some leaflets for s charity and at one of the houses I went flying over s piece of metal that was sticking up at the end of the drive. I tried to avoid falling on my knee, but it did get grazed and bruised. It was perfectly fine though. I have a hip replacement as well, do I was trying to avoid falling on that as well.
It is amazing how long bruises take to go as we get older but they all disappear eventually.

Sorry to hear about the bruises, Lindylee.
Here in France it’s very strict about the lockdown. Have to have signed piece of paper saying where we’re going when we go out to chemist of food shop.Went shopping for food, yesterday, all trolleys sanitized, shop quiet, barrier around check outs.
knee very tired when I’d finished!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics