THR Let's make it a matched set!

Figured it was something accidental like that, therefore the tag.
Hope you have a good one! :wink:
@gertie
 
Good morning, @gertie. Hope it's a beautiful day in your neighborhood and you'll be venturing out for a walk today with more lovely vistas to see. Wish I were more enthused by walking--it's cheap and one can do it daily. But walking in the neighborhood is a bore. Of course, chugging along on the elliptical at the gym is tedious (probably more so) but I put in headphones and listen to music, and read a book using the book rack on the machine. I get so caught up that many times I'm amazed when I've hit the time to get off and realized it's gone so quickly. I don't love exercise, just know I have to do it daily, during hip recovery and--big groan--for probably the rest of my days as I'm able. Have a great Monday!
 
@Barbaraj I'm afraid it's gray and rainy today--and I've been sitting at my desk all morning and am about to leave for a meeting. I'm not sure how/when/where exercise will happen today!

I was walking on a less than thrilling route yesterday and thinking I should listen to podcasts or music as I go--I'll need to find earbuds that actually stay in my ears.
 
Just noticed it's almost your Three year annniversary for your Left THR.
Hopefully all is good with Lefty and the two are working well in unison.
Have a great Monday evening!
@gertie
 
@Layla Thanks for remembering Lefty, who is feeling a bit left out in all the focus on Righty. Xray continues to look good on the left. I've had some pinchy pain near the groin on the left when I do something like lift my leg to put on the emergency brake or try to do a straight leg lift. Jen, the PT, says it's hip flexor strain. It's been feeling better recently so maybe increasing strength overall is helping. But Lefty feels quite solid when I'm walking, which is really what this is all about.
 
You're welcome, gertie :)
Great news on Lefty. You can't forget about the faithful first (Lefty) that is, serving you well, and I know you haven't. We want these to be our "forever" hips. It's kind of like raising kids. You're still nurturing Righty as a child and Lefty's now off and running.

Hopefully you have some beautiful weather to get out and enjoy during a walk. We are gorgeous here but snow and a high of 38F predicted on Saturday!! :groan: Not ready for that.
A great Tuesday to you!
@gertie
 
@Layla Hate to hear about snow approaching! Garage cleaning here today--with help from a young, strong neighbor, which will help me be kind to all replaced joints. I'll direct, she'll lift and carry.

When I hear about your approaching snow, I remember the major storm we had here right around Halloween 8 years ago--power was out for a week because the heavy wet snow piled on trees that still had a lot of leaves and boom, trees and power lines down. No, no, no!
 
When I hear about your approaching snow, I remember the major storm we had here right around Halloween 8 years ago--power was out for a week because the heavy wet snow piled on trees that still had a lot of leaves and boom, trees and power lines down. No, no, no!

Ugh!! How awful! If my family of origin, kids and grandkids didn't live here, I'd be outta here. The older I get the more I dislike Winter. The cold, the snow, the short dreary days....all of it. I can tolerate it through Christmas but after that it's a huge drag. Especially now that I'm afraid of slipping and falling on slippery pavement with the new hip. Wah, wah:bawl:lol.
 
Good to read you had help clearing out that garage, @gertie--that is an activity full of dangers if you aren't careful. We are cleaning out, too, but it's all paperwork so not the kind of work you're doing. But, our garage definitely needs a clean-out, but I'm guessing we'll wait until next summer to tackle that. I think my husband was reluctant to do this until I was healed and ready to help out with this tedious work. Have a good day, and be careful in that garage!
 
Last edited:
be careful in that garage!
I'm mostly directing--toss that save that etc. Taking a quick lunch break while Brittany sweeps and wipes surfaces then we need to put things back--or rather Brittany does. It's kind of fun being the director! I needed to get this done now so I can put the car away once we start getting seriously frosty mornings.
 
This is a chore I need to do, with help, too Glad you have a helper. It’s not always easy to find one. My daughter is coming home to help.
The storm you are talking about I think was in 2012, because my parents lost power for ten days and had to come stay with me. It was right around Halloween. I think for us it was a bad nor’easter or a hurricane/ near hurricane.
 
@VSlowLife Early this summer there was a flyer in my mailbox from a woman advertising her services with a range of things--pet sitting, gardening, organizing, etc. I finally got in touch with her and discovered she lives 2 doors away! She's in her 20s, just here for a few months, but so far she's whipped my garden into shape and today got my garage looking the best it's looked since I moved in. Just the kind of person a recovering hip needs.
 
How wonderful to find someone like that to get things ship shape when you need help.
 
:hi:
What a godsend to have someone close by like Brittany when you're in need, gertie. Especially if her services are reasonable, she's dependable and thorough.

It's a good feeling to cross things off the "To Do" list for sure.
Now you'll be able to park in the garage on those frosty mornings.
I hope they don't come too soon....although we have one predicted here for Saturday...already! :tantrum2:
I hope you're doing well and having a good week so far...
Have a great Wednesday!
@gertie
 
@gertie You we’re so lucky to find someone so close! I have contacted the high school but they do not post odd jobs for teens these days. Most of the homes in my area shut down for the winter, so fewer year round residents.
 
Yup, we all need a Brittany in our lives! Glad she's working out, @gertie, and I can appreciate how it must have been fun to just direct instead of huffing and puffing and doing all the work yourself. Happy Hump Day!
 
Garage is almost ready for my car--there's a big pile of trash in the center and someone is coming tomorrow to haul it all away. What's left is neatly organized on shelves and hooks. Even though I didn't do the heavy work I managed to get in more than 7K steps mostly walking up and down the driveway. Cold and rainy today and I'm letting sore muscles rest.
 
I bet that garage is making you feel a big sense of relief. Three cheers for Brittany! :loveshwr:
Glad you had a quiet day today.
 
Do you keep looking out in the garage and thinking...Aaah, so nice? Haha, I know I would. It's so satisfying to have boring jobs like that finally done.
I hope you rested and recovered from your 7000 steps and you're feeling strong today.
Happy Thursday, gertie! :)
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom