TKR Let the bells rings, let the birds sing!

@PolarBear60 I accomplished my first leg lift on Sunday. Ever since I've been able to lift it anywhere without too much trouble. What a relief.

Thanks for thinking of me.

@Suz I do so appreciate living so close to the beach. We are only renting right now so I'm not sure how much longer we'll be so close. Hopefully forever.


Diane
RTKR 7/12/16
 
My first night without my staples started out great. It felt very comfortable to lay on my side with a regular pillow between my legs. I also had a throw pillow under my top, non-op knee to take some of the weight off my lower TKR knee. Hard to explain but it worked well. I fell asleep fast only to wake up an hour later in pain from my sciatica. The rest of the night was spent tossing and turning, elevating and not elevating.

When I got up this morning my lower shin hurt so bad. I immediately sat on my heating pad and the pain went away.

Oh what a relief it will be when I can sleep a whole night.


Diane
RTKR 7/12/16
 
@dnslbrg I'm sorry you had a rough night, that was the worst time for me also, it's hard finding a comfortable position, but it will happen.
 
I accomplished my first leg lift on Sunday. Ever since I've been able to lift it anywhere without too much trouble. What a relief.
:friends:
 
Today marks 3 weeks with my new bionic knee. So far so good. We went for a nice ride on Sunday to a beach side restaurant just north of Ft Lauderdale that I've been wanting to try. I packed a zip lock bag of ice in a cooler for the ride home.

The journey there took about 30-45 minutes and my knee held up fine. We were seated at a table that had chairs and a booth type seat that I was able to put my leg up on - that helped quite a bit.

After lunch we walked across the street to a gift shop and then to a small pub for a beer before heading home. I could feel my leg complaining that it was ready to go. I rode in the backseat for the ride home and iced my knee. It was wonderful to get out of the house.

Other than my outing on Sunday, I haven't been doing much other than easy household chores like ironing, laundry and loading and unloading the dishes. But I know my knee is getting better. Sleep is still difficult, I fall asleep quickly but wake several times during the night.

I'm very happy with how my knee is progressing and can't wait to see what week 4 brings.


Diane
RTKR 7/12/16
 
That's great that you were able to have a nice outing. It does wonders to get rid of cabin fever. You have seen a glimpse about how your life will be much better after total recovery.
 
Oh your time out sounds so great! I will hit my 3 week mark this Thursday and I'm hoping to be able to get out too. Just a breakfast or lunch out would be divine....and feel so normal too. It sounds like you are doing great. So happy for you.
 
@newlybionic It sure did feel good. Just to browse in a store for a few minutes felt great. It's been months for me.

@Diane LTKR I was so excited to be going somewhere. I hope you enjoy your outing as much as I did.


Diane
RTKR 7/12/16
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Today marks one month since I got my new knee. I'm very happy to hit this mile marker knowing I'm making progress and feeling a little better every day.

I know everyone's journey is a little different but when I first had surgery I craved to know others progression at 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks etc. I found it reassuring to know that each week would allow me to do a little more and feel a little better. And that's exactly what's happening.

Today I took my dog out for her morning walk. Although I've been taking her out for short potty breaks during the day, this is the first time in months since my knee collapsed that my husband didn't have to take her on her morning stroll. To me that's a huge deal and one of my favorite things to do.

My ROM was at 95 at my last PT appointment on Thursday which was 10 degrees better than the week before. I also stopped using a cane last week. It's been soooo long since I've been able to walk without crutches or a cane. This is also a huge deal for me.

Sleeping is still a challenge and I wake several times during the night trying to find a position that allow me some comfort. I think it's the combination of the surgery and sciatica pain that's making it so difficult. But I know this will only get better.

I continue to be so grateful that I had the surgery and each day to get a little more of my life back.



Diane
RTKR 7/12/16
 
Thats sounds pretty good all around. I hope to be another successful "Diane" soon
:-)
 
Thank you @dianehelen keep your great attitude and positive thinking and everything will go just fine. :)


Diane
RTKR 7/12/16
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom