Leg weakness prior to Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Akphip
Sounds like we had a similar experience but I am sorry to hear that you went through back surgery only to find you still had pain....how frustrating. Before I joined the forum this week, I was basically just pushing the thought of surgery out of my mind. However now I am seeing the bright side of it and beginning to have some hope that it will bring positive things to my life.

I appreciate the warning re waiting too long. I think that is what I have been doing as i have quite a bit of muscle wasting in my leg above the knee. I plan to try and find a surgeon asap.

Yes i would like to chat further and tried to find a way to PM you but the instructions I found for "start a conversation" require a tab in the profile section which seems not to be there. Maybe you know how?

So only a few more days to your surgery. Scary but very exciting to be on the road to a brand new hip!
 
Hi Akphip I replied to your post above but as you may notice it is a different name and avatar. i am sorry for the confusion. I recall that last March I joined, posted one question and never came back. Then for some reason yesterday it reverted to the name i had registered under before. Think I have the problem solved. Just three more days now till you get your new hip! How are you feeling about it? i found out why I couldn't private message you....I have to post ten times in the forum first before PM's are allowed.
 
Goody2Shoes3 hello there dear lass from across the pond. I'm having my hip done at the beginning of September and have severe muscle wasting of my leg. I also used to have a bottom but that's gone as well :shocked: My consultant said it was due to the pain and not being able to exercise. I can still do leg rises but as the weeks go on I find them more difficult to do. You will find everyone supportive on here and they will help you with any advice :kittykiss:
 
Hi Red Shoe
I know what you mean, I was surprised when the Dr pointed out muscle wasting because i hadn't noticed but now that I have I can feel it getting worse too. Have you found any place that has a description of some good exercises?
 
Goody2Shoes3 I have been given an exercise called a "clam" I would check with you Consultant first or therapist to see if safe for you :) I have started to get some glute muscles appear, even though my jeans still fall down because I have no bottom :tantrum:
 
Thank you for the video RedShoe. That is so funny as i have no bottom either and never did. I was actually thinking maybe that contributed to the weakness coming on so quickly. As far as your pants falling down, that has actually happened to me when I was walking up the stairs carrying something. LOL LOL
 
My pants are always falling down inside my jeans :rolleyes: and I have to tighten my belt more now to keep them up. My husband thinks I should start wearing braces. I think once your hips start to wear out then your glute muscles give up. Never mind, once we get our new hips we may end up looking like Jaylo :yes!:
 
In my case it was my actual pants ie I was standing there in bare legs with my arms full. My daughter had to come and help me and being 14 didn't think it was funny I was laughing my head off.
 
When I lay on my back I can't lift my leg at all. Also, I have to lift it in after me when I get into the car.​
Hi Goody2Shoes3, I had my right hip replaced on March 25. Prior to that I could not lift my leg to put my pants on. I had to drag my leg in and out of the car. I had teriffic groin pain. If u think about the pain relief you are going to get from hip replacement, some of your anxiety will start to go away.
Reading all the stories on this forum will prepare you for what is ahead....and what is ahead is the best!
Take care.
 
Thank you Anniemg. It eases my mind to fine other have had the same issue as i was starting to think I had MS or something before i found out and believed it was my hip.
I am starting to see hip replacement in a much more positive light and in fact just posted in the forum on that very subject!
 
I am 4 days away from surgery and each day the pain seems to get worse. I am counting the hours...​
Hi akphip, 4 more days....wooooooohooooo!!!!! Best wishes for a safe, successful surgery....sweet dreams!
Take care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom