Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Leg Discrepancy and Pain

Hi, @offwhite.....I'm so sorry your mother is still experiencing problems with her knee. I do think you're going to need to be persistent to get to the bottom of the problem. The first step would be to make an appointment with the surgeon who ordered this last x-ray and have him explain the report and show you on the x-ray image the areas that are described in the written report. It is possible that the report is describing some loosening around the tibial component. This surgeon should also be able to tell you his recommendation to fix the problem.

Step two will be to see at least one additional surgeon who is totally unrelated to your current doctor for a second opinion. You will need to take copies of any images you've had done and discuss all the problems that have occurred over this extended period. Make sure any second opinion doctors are not in the same hospital or clinic as your original surgeon. This may require you to drive to another city for the consultation, but that is the best way to get a totally independent review of your mother's knee.

I am not familiar with the Canadian health care system and I hope getting additional opinions is something you can do without too much trouble. Please let us know how things go.
 
Hello @offwhite .
I'm really sorry that we missed your last post and nobody commented on your mother's X-Ray report.

I think there is something in that report that could explain why your mother has pain below her patella.
But I'm not an expert, so I'm going to ask my colleagues what they think.

Now your mother has reached a bend of 125 degrees, there's no need for her to keep doing exercises. Just using her leg as normally as possible will be enough exercise.

Did your mother have the same surgeon perform her Revision TKR as the primary TKR? Now a year has passed since the revision, you might consider asking for a second opinion from a surgeon who specializes in problem knees.
Hi Celle,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Please let me know what your colleagues think about the X-Ray report for my mom's Knee.

She had stopped exercise for a few months and I will make sure she doesn't in the future.

The surgeons are different for the two surgery. I will try to find a second opinion in the city.

Thank you so much for your recommendation. Waiting for your colleague's review.
 
By the way, @offwhite,
You'll notice that I have merged your two threads together as it's best if members in recovery only have one thread.
This is because:
  • That way, you have all your information in one place. This makes it easier for others to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you start new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. We won't miss your new question as, between us, the staff read all new posts each day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, tag a member of staff.
Tagging other members and answering tags

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts?

A helpful hint - Many members have found it useful to bookmark their thread so they don't lose it.

Best wishes,
Celle
Well noted above. Next time I will tag other members : )
 
Hi, @offwhite.....I'm so sorry your mother is still experiencing problems with her knee. I do think you're going to need to be persistent to get to the bottom of the problem. The first step would be to make an appointment with the surgeon who ordered this last x-ray and have him explain the report and show you on the x-ray image the areas that are described in the written report. It is possible that the report is describing some loosening around the tibial component. This surgeon should also be able to tell you his recommendation to fix the problem.

Step two will be to see at least one additional surgeon who is totally unrelated to your current doctor for a second opinion. You will need to take copies of any images you've had done and discuss all the problems that have occurred over this extended period. Make sure any second opinion doctors are not in the same hospital or clinic as your original surgeon. This may require you to drive to another city for the consultation, but that is the best way to get a totally independent review of your mother's knee.

I am not familiar with the Canadian health care system and I hope getting additional opinions is something you can do without too much trouble. Please let us know how things go.
Hi Jamie,

Thank you for your explanation. And this helped a lot. I will try to find another specialist for the situation.

Thanks a lot!!
 
Please let me know what your colleagues think about the X-Ray report for my mom's Knee.
Jamie agreed with me that the X-Ray report shows there could be a problem with your mother's knee - your surgeon needs to explain it to you and her.
Well noted above. Next time I will tag other members : )
We should respond more quickly to your posts in future, so you may not need to tag anyone. Usually, between us, the staff read all new posts every day. It was an oversight on our part that we missed your post about the X-Ray. I apologise for that.
 
Thank you so much!

I will book the appointment with him again. It's just he denied everything to us last time and claiming that the x-ray report was an error.

It seems the case is getting more complicated.
 
Back
Top Bottom