Left TKR on 17 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had my 6am pre-surgery tea & toast and now fasting until surgery at 3pm. It is a lovely bright and sunny day here in Dublin and I have a partial view of the Irish Sea from my hospital window.

Slept sounding from 11:15 pm until about 4:15 am and then dozing until the nurse came to check vitals and bring in the breakfast tray.

The OS will be in to see me around 12 noon to discuss any last minute questions, and most importantly mark the knee for surgery.

It has been so helpful in this journey to have the support and good wishes of all on the BoneSmart forums.
It has helped to make the pre-op stage less frightening and it will also help in the post-surgery stage.
 
I certainly wish I had a partial view of the Irish Sea...I'm sure I'll be the one looking at the parking deck!
It's really wonderful to have a site like this and it truly does diminish the "what ifs" that I seem to have creep up all the time. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one thinking or feeling the way I do.

I'd mark my own knee with some smart comment, but probably would use the wrong ink and render myself inoperable.
 
@marmora I wish they would let us stay at the hospital the night before & wake up to tea & toast! Much more civilized. I hope your surgery goes great & your recovery uneventful! Post when you can and let us know how you are doing!
 
@bball78 @tiredwife @harleysbud @Reebok@jozillia @Roselover @DianeJ
Sure that I am forgetting someone. My IPad has no internet connection, but IPhone does. So short message as hard to work on the phone.
Back in my room at 7:15 pm. Well medicated and surgery went fine, have Robert Jones bandage to knee until tomorrow and my Cryo Cuff machine is waiting for me on my bedside locker. Can wiggle toes and vital signs are good, have compression booties on, squeezing feet for next 24-48 hours and Ted stockings.
Thank you for all the positive thoughts and your listening ears!
Will start new thread in Recovery Forum - @tiredwife can you tell me how ? I did get a post from one of the moderators , but can't find it . Thank you
 
@marmora great to hear from you! keep wiggling them toes! Hope this helps, it's a little dark:
[Bonesmart.org] Left TKR on 17 July
 
So wonderful to hear how good you sound @marmora. Keep us posted as I really want to follow your experience. Sadly, my surgery was cancelled at the last minute due to UTI diagnosis found in pre-op testing. So I will not be joining anyone on the other side anytime soon.

Look forward to seeing your posts on the other side....
 
:flwrysmile:@tiredwife thank you for the help in going to the other side

@harleysbud What a whirlwind of emotions that you have gone through in the last few weeks, since after Memorial Day ! You finally got to place were the thoughts of your TKR were not as daunting with the help of the BoneSmart forum and the support from your fellow TKRs.

You must be very disappointed to find out the day before your scheduled surgery, but infections must be treated before any kind of surgery and most especially joint replacement.

Please continue to follow us and 'someday' you be joining us on the other side.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom