TKR Left One Done 7/31/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the good news is I don't have anything physically wrong with my brain...mentally... that's another story.:loll: Other news from the MRI, the ENT doc says I have an inflammation of my mastoid bones. She now has me on antibiotics. Have to go back in 6 weeks.

Been working on the Right knee with IT band exercises. Seems to be helping. The left knee is great!! I have started experimenting going up and down stairs leading with my Left. It feels a little odd but no pain. Just need a little more strengthening.

Getting ready to take a trip to Atlanta next weekend. Still taking my cane even though I have just about stopped using it at home and when I go out. Still have it with me when there is a chance of snow:snow plough: LOL

I hope the antibiotics do the trick for you. Great to hear the left knee is good.

@kneeper Won't know about the antibiotics till next month when I see my ENT doc.

But I had good news in PT Wednesday. I have been officially discharged. My flexion was 113-the best I have ever had!! Looks like my trip to Atlanta last weekend did some good. I did do a lot of walking and had a blast!!:spin:

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!!!:tree lights:

:loveshwr: Great report!

@Josephine Have a question about kinetic tape. Does it work? Do you think, in your opinion, that it would benefit my knee? My OS had taken xrays of my knee done two years ago and said the plate was slightly off center and that is why I am still having some pain issues. He says it is not bad enough to do a revision and I don't want more surgery. He did say that PT would benefit and I have been doing exercises that my PT person suggested. Jus wondering if the tape would be beneficial.
@RestAssured I saw that you were using the tape. What do you think about it?

Well, you can always try it and see. Usually it's used for strained muscles or maltracking patellae but there is an art to applying it so I'd ask your PT.

Yes it helped me, but have your PT train you and actually I prefer KT tape. If you have an Athletics Supply nearby they sell it by the roll. It is already cut into strips and easier to use but stronger than kinesotape. :happydance:

Wow! It has been since January that I have posted!! Time flies!!
Anyway, having issues with year old ltkr. Also, back problems. Have gone back to therapy but at a different one. Seem to be having more attention to problem than at old PT. I am worried, though. When I left the old PT, I was at 106 flexion. The new PT measured the other day and I was at 95. Extension wasn't good either. She seems to think it is tendonitis.

She has been really helpful in treating my back pain. She has me using a lumbar cushion and foot elevation blocks.
Guess it is back to the basics on my knee. :sad:

Hope everyone is having a good summer!!!

Are you doing any exercises on your own? The past 6 weeks have made me realize that if I am not able to keep the muscles/tendons around the knee they get loose and my knees are not as stable. Just a thought. Still remember and cherish our time in Tennessee! By the way, I am coming to New York in November![emoji4]

@Sonja, where in New York are you coming? I live in Upstate Ny.

PT has given me exercizes to do at home. I find that if I don't, the knees get stiff and have some pain. I am also starting back at the gym since my insurance will only cover a specific amount of therapy visits. That's ok, though. The new Y here has a therapy pool that they keep at 88 degrees all the time.:egypdance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JWS
Recent bookmarks
Back