Guest viewing is limited

THR Left 2013 - Now the right

[Bonesmart.org] Left 2013 - Now the right

Happy Belated Birthday! @dougie0216
So sad about your birth mother.
And on your birthday!
Keep on rolling, double hippy!

I'm not even going to bother cautioning you..
That's your present from me:heehee:
 
Aww, dougie, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Hugs to you.
You did go from a great high to a low, low. So sad!
I'm thankful you still have your adoptive mom. It doesn't make the loss any easier but I'm sure she's been a comfort in all of this.

Wow, where have I been?! I missed the metal photo and all the other photos! Big Congrats to you.
You look great! I like the photo of 7641 giving the peace sign, haha! Or is that V for Victory, lol.

Happy Belated 60th! I hope you're feeling better and I'm wishing you a peaceful holiday weekend.
Good luck with the October race. Please check back in and let us know how you're doing and how the October race goes.
@dougie0216
 
Happy belated birthday, Dougie! I'm so sorry for your loss. It's always hard losing a parent. Even though she wasn't the parent that raised you, you had a relationship with her and it must still be difficult - especially on your birthday.

Good on you for the bicycle race! You trained so hard and deserve to take a bow!
 
Hi @dougie0216 ,
So sorry that your natural mum died - very sad.
But happy 60th birthday! Excellent that you did it with the cycle race and good luck for your October race. Meanwhile, I've had both my eyes operated because of my cataract and it was a success. I can see sharp now. I'm no longer nearsighted and will just need reading glasses. So I've got three new parts in my body altogether - the left hip joint and the lenses of my eyes. It's just a nuisance that the eye doctor said no sport for 6 weeks - no swimming is clear - mustn't get my eyes wet - but I don't think running and cycling is sport: that's exercise hahaha. Well, I have to miss the air traffic controlers' challenge run at Langen were my employer is and the AIDS charity run at Frankfurt. We have a team from work for both these races, and all I can do is cheer them on by email. My next aims are the New Year's Eve run (12 kms) in my home village and the Koberstädter Forest Marathon in August 2019 - this time may be under 2019. Maybe I'll try once again for a full Ironman in 2020. All the best for you - Constanze
 
Hi @dougie0216 , just wanted to drop you a line. How are your hips? Have you got any new races planned? My natural hip and my artificial hip are still doing fine. I'd like to do the 12 km "Silvester" run in my home village on Dec 31 and the winter half Marathon in a forest near work in February.
I've overdone it again - not with my hip. I had an influenza vaccination at work (they offer it for free here), and after that I went on a quite rapid 30 km cycle ride (home from work - I cycled to work on Friday). Went cycling again on Saturday and then did too much household work. On Saturday afternoon I had flu like symptoms. I haven't had that experience before after a flu shot. maybe this shows I'm getting older.
Best
Constanze
 
Hey dougie!
Thought I'd say Hi as I noticed, Constanze, pulled up your thread.
I hope all is well in your world. I noticed you're coming up on 5 yrs already next month for your first THR.
Give us an update when you have time. Hope you're enjoying life :)
@dougie0216
 
@dougie0216 I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It’s always hard to lose those we love, but I’m glad you were able to connect with your biological family. My son was adopted as a newborn, and we have some family contact, which I think makes life more understandable in some ways. In fact, we hope to be in France visiting with his brother and his family this spring. Happy belated birthday, and well done on the biking!
Wishing you well!
Michele
 
Hello everyone, thank you for the Birthday and sympathy wishes. This year is going fast. When you hurt, it seems like the days crawl by. Then you get a new part and there don't seem to be enough hours in the day.

@Cisne as it turns out, most of my life I had another family only 110 miles away that thought of me often, even though I did not know it. After we all met, it was like we knew each other our entire lives. It was an awesome experience meeting my sister, then my birth mom. We are all so very alike, scary! My birth mom got off anti-depressants after my sister found me. It was all good for the past 20-yrs.

@Layla Unfortunately, I didn't race last weekend. I was riding around the neighborhood with wifey 6-wks ago. I was going very slowly, so slowly that gravity won and I fell over on my bicycle while clicked-in to my pedals... I put my arm out to break my fall and ended up at urgent care getting my arm x-rayed. I sprained both wrists and one elbow.:hissy:
I saw my pcp yesterday, I've been released to cycle again provided I wear my wrist brace. Falling over on my bicycle in front of DW was special. And yes, my left hip is nearly 5!

@Constanze got my flu shot yesterday. Back on the bike this Saturday after my latest boo-boo. No races planned. Just cycling for fun and to burn calories. Wifey had her cataracts done this summer. You will enjoy your new sight!

@SaraK Thank you. Are you behaving? I didn't think so, me either:heehee:

@Mojo333 I am replying to you last, on purpose. That race was fun. It was so windy!! It became a test of the will. I had trained so hard, 'I don't care if I am only riding 7mph into the wind, I Will Finish This!' Actually, I was taking care of my buddy, and the 50 wasn't a big deal. The wind, heat and worrying about him made it a challenge.

Busy time of year, enjoy yourselves!
 
@Jaycey Thank You. Life is short, and as far as living life to the fullest goes, some people may have been cheated, I'm not one of them:) Life has been so good, I have replacement parts.
 
So you're like me? The best cure for ODIC is the hair of the dog!

I'm still dealing with the psoas issues but finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. The new surgeon I saw this week thinks it's an impingement (which I've suspected for awhile). Waiting for some blood tests and then will start treatment.

I'm not sure I'll ever be a road racer on bike or running but I'm looking forward to getting back to finding my own ways to push the envelope!

Sorry about your boo boos (the physical as well as the one to your pride). I'm glad you're ready to get back out there! Go have fun for me!
 
@SaraK Thank you. Are you behaving? I didn't think so, me either:heehee:
This is soooo dougie! :heehee:

Ouch! Falling off your bike and spraining both wrists and an elbow. Sorry you had to endure that.
Good news to hear you're back riding though.

Always nice to hear from you @dougie0216 Best wishes for a great Fall!
Actually, Autumn....not Fall, you already experienced that.
 
@dougie0216 !:wave:
I have been super busy...but unfortunately not anything recreational or self satisfying.
Plan on taking some time for ME very soon.
But dealing with work, family drama and life in general with TWO GOOD hips is definitely easier!!
I'm so happy for you that you are enjoying life and doing well!
:yes!:
 
Checking in. I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year. It is great to see family, but that coincides with a busy time professionally. And our departmental Christmas party is at my house, tomorrow...

At least I was able to navigate the attic stairs to set up the Christmas deco pain free. Now I have an excuse to not string lights around the eaves using a ladder. I look at my neighbors on their ladders, sweating and cussing a blue streak and just smile. Because I have two titanium and ceramic hips on board, DW has forbidden me to use an extension ladder to do that:yahoo:

I hope that everyone has a happy holiday season, and that all of your relatives behave.
 
:wave:Hi my double hippy pal!
So happy to hear you are good as you passed your one year mark for lefty.:happydance:
I wish you all the best for the holidays and for the New Year.:ok:
 
Hi @dougie0216 ,
I'm very pleased about your latest post. I understand you about this time of year - it's more work for me, too. The hardest is wrapping up all the presies. But even so, I wish you a happy holiday season.
Still running. My next event is the New Year's Eve run in my home village. It has become warmer here, but that's nothing new in the Rhine-Main area. Do you ever have a white Christmas in your home town?
Best from Constanze
 
Hi dougie!
Belated Congrats on Lefty's One Year Anniversary. :ok:

It's always nice to hear from you. I hope the Christmas party you're hosting goes off without a hitch.
I'm happy your wife won't let you on that extension ladder or I feel you'd be up there.
I recall you climbing a ladder to switch out bulbs after your last hip and scaring us all.
Wishing you a very happy holiday season and a great 2019!
@dougie0216
 
Here's to another hip pain free year:cheers2:
Happy New Years @dougie0216 !
 
Hi dougie :wave:
Wishing you a happy, healthy 2019!
@dougie0216
 
Hello @dougie0216 ,
I just wanted to stop by and ask you how you were getting on. Any cycle rides/races planned for 2019?
My operated hip is fine and my other hip still doesn't need replacing. Did a half marathon again yesterday. It took place at Mörfelden - a small town south of Frankfurt and whole the race took place in the forest. I did it in 2 hours 3 minutes - one minute better than the same race last year and fastest half-marathon since my hip replacement. While last year's race was pretty good, this year's race was awesome. I came third in my age class (W60). Last year I was first in my age class. The two over 60-year-old women who ranked 1st and 2nd ran the half-marathon under 2 hours. And two women runners finished it who are over 65. I've got no idea how these old people can run so fast these days. About 10 years ago, this was a rarety.
I wish you good health and that your hips hold for many more years.
Best - Constanze
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom