THR Last joint- That's my plan and I am sticking to it

Down 40# since May is fantastic! :yes!: My challenge always seems to be keeping it off. Good luck, I know our joints appreciate carrying a little less weight. :heehee:

Great update @leejaa! You are doing so well, plus volunteering and continuing your weight loss. Looks like 2020 is definitely going to be your year! :happydance:

Happy 2 month hipversary, dear @leejaa :ok:
Four square, and doing so well!

Inspirational and makes me happy that 2020 will be a great year for you...hopefully with NO JOINT PAIN.

What a nice update @leejaa thanks for sharing!
You are taking the slow, steady and sensible approach while healing. I'm sure previous experience has been a good teacher. The walk in the field on your property sounds wonderful with the benches placed in various locations affording you the opportunity to take a break under cloudy blue skies while soaking in the sunshine and sounds of nature. It sounds very relaxing.

I'll bet volunteering at the food bank feels fullfillng. Mojo can relate to that as that's what she does for work each day. It sounds as though it can be physically demanding and exhausting at times. Kudos to you for giving of your time in that way.

Congrats on your weight loss and managing to keep it off as you're recovering. Awesome accomplishment!

Hope you have a great rest of the week!

Such a wonderful two month update. You are taking very good care of you. I hope to follow in your footsteps.
Our dog really loved that I went out with them.
Yes, dogs I think know when we are getting worse, and when we are getting better.

Sounds like a very idyllic place you have for recovery.

Can’t belive you can volunteer so soon. It is so wonderful your town does this, and you can participate

Congratulations for keeping your weight loss !
The clock starts ticking for me....pre-surgery over.

@VSlowLife, soon you too will be on the sunny side and recovering. It must feel great to have all the pre surgery over with and passed. I know I celebrated and gave a sigh of relief with each step.

I love where I live even if it is way out - scenery is great. I do enjoy being able to get out there and just soak up the trees and sunshine. It is also nice that now I can go out regularly and play ball with my pooch. My husband tells me Riley(dog) likes the way I throw the ball better than when he does and I have to agree. It is nice to be able to do it pain free. Soon you will enjoy your puppy more without pain.

Yes!!

It must feel great to have all the pre surgery over with and passed. I know I celebrated and gave a sigh of relief with each step.
Absolutely! The last hoop was today. I will have to celebrate tomorrow. Today my teeth were clenching on the train home. I was up at 4:45. I too, like ”....to soak up the trees and sunshine.”
It’s been a long day. PJs here I come!

Mojo can relate to that as that's what she does for work each day. It sounds as though it can be physically demanding and exhausting at times. Kudos to you for giving of your time in that way.
I must've missed this and saw you mention it somewhere else.
Great to see others taking care of critical needs for their less fortunate neighbors.
Very hard not to overdo and particularly for me in taking in donations with the heavy lifting often involved.:nah:
Do try to stay out of the ODIC, my quad-bionic friend.
Have a restful Sunday.

Happy Three Month Anniversary! I hope today is a great day.
Thanks for all of the support and encouragement you share on the forum. I'm sure many have benefitted through your words and experience.
Have a great weekend!
@leejaa

Part of me cannot believe it has already been three months. Trying to get about and do more but with the weather here and living in the country it is not optimal. On the other hand not overdoing too much.

I am continuing to volunteer at the food pantry and get around 2500 steps there according to my phone and lots of bending and moving as I stock shelves in between customers. Not too bad after 3 hours though today I was a bit achy and sometimes my back gets stiff so I have taken some Tylenol arthritis for the back - I know I have arthritis there. I am continuing to ride my recumbent exercise bike 2-3x/week and am up to 30 min and Monday increased the difficulty of the course(more imaginary hills) but am thinking I am go back to a less hilly course and maybe increase the time for now.

The hip gets achy on my buttock if I sit too long so good reason to get up and move around. Overall I feel great and hip is doing well. Cannot wait for some better weather. We have had snow and driveway was very icy for a few days and even now I have icy spots. Luckily I do not have to walk on it and when I did to fill the bird feeders I had my husband come out and I hung unto him.

I am looking forward to spring and being able to get outside - lots of branches and sticks to pick up and I can mow the lawn. I love my rider and being able to mow. Lawns look so nice all trimmed up and they look great longer than the house after it is cleaned. Can't wait to plant some veggies and have fresh tomatoes again. Spring is just around the corner and it will be wonderful.

Happy Valentine's Day to all tomorrow. :flwrysmile: :snow::snow:

Grabbers help with fallen branches.

I am looking forward to spring and being able to get outside - lots of branches and sticks to pick up

Sorry it has been icy up by you. Do be very careful! I think we all look forward to spring. 13 weeks before the last frost date by me.

Probably same here since I am in upstate NY for last frost date. I will have to get one of my precious grabbers and use them outside this spring - save the back some. Lots of branches and sticks everywhere especially as we have lots of trees around the yard. I just want to see the crocuses and daffodils pop up and smile and that something when the air changes in the spring and of course all the birds migrating through.

Happy Three Month Anniversary @leejaa! You're doing so well, keep up the good work! We do really appreciate you here and all of your support!

Hi @leejaa I see you are getting some spring fever, too? Your descriptions of your land and the views give me a bit of homesickness.. it's hard to give up the large expanses of land, but I also love where I am now so I guess it's all ok.

3 months already! It sure is zipping past, isn't it? I love your slow and steady approach to your recovery,, may this be the last one for a looong time, if ever!

Keep up the good work.. your thread will be good inspiration to others waiting their turn.

I will have to get one of my precious grabbers and use them outside this spring - save the back some. Lots of branches and sticks everywhere especially as we have lots of trees around the yard.

I will need to do the same. Spring is around the corner!

Happy Four Month Anniversary! :yahoo:

Can't wait to plant some veggies and have fresh tomatoes again. Spring is just around the corner and it will be wonderful.
A lovely spring day here in UK, finally! I've got tomato and chili seedlings on all my windowsills now. With all this coronavirus stuff I look forward to growing even more of our own veggies this year. Stay safe and watch out for spots of residual ice, leeja! See ya in the garden soon! :flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back