Guest viewing is limited

THR Kriztina post op Nov 2 thr left

We love to support and advise when we’re able and happy you benefitted from the forum, so thanks for joining us here! Nice update, it seems you’re doing very well, even sticking out PT that you don’t sound very fond of. I hope you have a good visit with your surgeon on the 22nd, a lovely Christmas and happy, healthy New Year. Please stay in touch. :SUNsmile:
@Kriztina
 
Great to hear that the dislocation was only a minor setback! The outside PT makes you wonder about the "system". The one thing you can't do from home is charge your insurance for PT that they order for all.
 
Hello Kriztina,
How are you doing? We haven’t heard from you in awhile and you were doing great at the time. Please update on the Recovery Forum as time allows, we’d love to read about your progress.
Happy Two Month Anniversary and :happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4: :xmark:
@Kriztina
 
Great to see your surgery went well. Did things continue progressing? How are you doing now 2 months post op? are you back to normal activities.
 
I'm doing okay good.. Still have swelling in the outside of my thigh which I'm not thrilled about and feels like I'm sitting on a bag of marbles. Hopefully that'll go away. But as of about 20 minutes ago I broke a tooth /filling.. I already have antibiotics since I have a cleaning scheduled for Feb 3.. Guess I'll call my dentist tomorrow morning.. So I need to call my surgeon as well?
 
I would, as protocols are different everywhere. My surgeon had told me, emergency procedures were ok. Our protocol is no dentistry for 6 months after, but don’t have to do antibiotics beforehand. I broke a tooth, before surgery, but it’s been fine, so will wait the 6 months.
 
:hi:Hi Kriztina on this special day. Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you’re doing well since we last heard from you. With any luck the swelling is easing and the bag of marbles has disappeared.

Looks like you have dental scheduled tomorrow. Wishing you all the best with your appt. It is not an appointment many of us look forward to, but it’s nice when you‘re able to flash those pearly whites afterward. :wink:
Have a wonderful rest of the week!
@Kriztina
 
So I had my 3 month follow up and the marble feeling was indeed bursitis so I was given a shot right there and so far so good with some relief.
I'm also going to sports medicine PT much more advanced and much more to my liking.
I was very upset to see all my favorite yoga and pilates moves ( Pigeon, cobra, bow and arrow) are on the never again list by both my surgeon and two sports medicine pts. I asked the surgeon over and over prior to surgery.. should of taken his vague answers as a sign. So I'm trying really hard to not feel depressed about this news.
 
Oh no,, so sorry you are disappointed.. maybe the surgeon thought it was maybe okay until you had that dislocation? I hope you can find other yoga moves or other types of exercises that will help you continue to enjoy Yoga/Pilates.
 
Hi Kriztina,
A belated Happy Four Month Anniversary! Wondering how the last month was for you? Hopefully the bursitis is easing, PT is going well and you’re feeling less depressed.
Leave an update as time allows, we’d love to hear from you.
@Kriztina
 
The bursitis was relieved some by the cortisone shot.. Not fully tho.. I go back next week for a follow up to that. Otherwise all is great.. Walking at my pre injury speed the last few times I went out.. 30 minutes of strength training upper and lower body and balance work. You'd almost never know I had anything done. I've resigned myself to no real flexibility exercises for at least a few more months to a year.
 
Hi Krizitina,
Thanks for the update and best wishes for your follow up appointment next week. It’s good to hear you’re doing well. Long may it continue! :ok:
@Kriztina
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom