MUA Keep on plodding on

It’s not pain, rather a very uncomfortable ache anywhere from my thigh to my ankle.
I have had something like this, usually in the evening after PT. Very uncomfortable and hard to describe. I have wondered if it is some sort of internal swelling but I don’t see swelling. Usually is better the next day.
 
It is very possible that it's inside swelling that is causing the discomfort. In that small capsule area, just a little bit of fluid will cause tightness and discomfort. Try icing and elevating the whole time you are sitting or lying down in the evenings and all night. That should help to get that fluid out.
 
Hello from a beautiful & sunny day here in the South of the UK!
I haven’t posted for a while & thought a little update must be due! So I’m just over 4 months PO now. I’ve actually been back to work for 4 weeks but enjoying having this week off as it’s half term & I work in a school No more hydrotherapy but still having physio. The pain on the inside of my knee is gradually getting better however work continues on my lazy quad muscle Stamina has improved as now walking the dog twice daily as well as working & everything else in-between. Limping is an on going issue much to my frustration I’m sure it’s a brain to knee problem because if I’m walking with someone say on the beach I walk a lot better. I really pay attention to my posture & try walking slower & smaller steps, then a longer stride, even good old ‘heel, toe’ but damn knee doesn’t want to play ball.

Any other suggestions? It hasn’t been helped that due to my enthusiastic exercising to try & rectify the problem I somehow damaged my calf muscle. Physio said it could be a bad sprain/strain or even a small tear but it has been excruciating. So lots of icing, elevating, wearing a Tubi Grip support bandage. This happened nearly 2 weeks ago & the bruising on the back of the leg has only just come out. Another thing that takes ‘time’…..Grrrrr
Anyway, just wanted to say ‘Hi’ & hope everyone else is doing well
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I somehow damaged my calf muscle. Physio said it could be a bad sprain/strain or even a small tear but it has been excruciating.
Oh no! So sorry to read this! I hope its improved after 2 weeks with the icing and elevating. If not, you should probably have it checked out just in case there's something more going on.

Once it's healed, go back to doing the heel-toe walking. I agree with you about the brain-knee connection. Habits are hard to break! The say it takes 30 days of repetition to create a new one.

:flwrysmile:
 
Oh no! I'm sorry about your calf. Sprains and strains can take 6 weeks to heal but I agree that if the pain is still bad now after two weeks it's wellnworth having a doctor look at it.
 
Hello Mutley,
Today is three months to date since your MUA. I hope the suspected strain / sprain is healing and the pain is easing for you. Best wishes for your comfort and healing.
@Mutley
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom