TKR katty’s recovery

Sounds like you are doing well, @kattyaz!

Just remember you are still early days in this year-long recovery so don't push yourself yet. Based on the experiences of many of us who have had both hip and knee replacements, you should probably expect your TKR recovery to be a bit slower and take a little longer than your THRs. This is a "tortoise recovery" -- slow and steady wins!

Wishing you a great weekend!
 
Nice update! Thanks for sharing the good news. You're doing well and you're on your way!
I hope you have a nice weekend and Autumn season, katty.
@kattyaz
 
Hello
Yesterday was 6 weeks since my surgery. Today I had an appointment with my OS’s PA. He said I was a poster child for TKR success. My x-rays were good, and there were no measurements taken as he could see the range of motion.
He also told me to extend my walking slowly. Walk up the street, then aim for a quarter mile, then a half mile, and so on.
I have no additional follow up appointments needed. He will see me next year on my one year anniversary.
 
You are doing great! I sure wish my surgeon had basically discharged me at 6 weeks post op! He caused me a lot of stress with his post op appointment protocols, like painfully bending my knee to get a number he liked. :hairpulling:
 
@kattyaz That's great!!! And yes slowly increasing the community walking is a fine way to track milestones too!!!!
 
Hello katty,
Happy Monday and Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Best Wishes for a lovely week. :)
@kattyaz
 
Thank you. Now it is almost 3 months . I have been awol just dealing with daily life.
I really don’t have any updates to share. My knee is healing nicely. I still have a little numbness that is slowly going away. I don’t have any swelling or other issues that are concerning.
If I over my daily activity I tend to limp, I have to remind myself to walk correctly.
I wish all the newbie’s a successful recovery ❤️‍
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
No updates, AWOL, living daily life sounds pretty normal and what we're aiming for.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and a great 2024!
@kattyaz
 
Back
Top Bottom