THR Just back, all done

Wonderful update, you're doing great.
Stopping by to say :hi: and wish you a Happy One Month Anniversary.
I hope you have a lovely day and weekend!
@shrek008
 
Happy happy one month Hipversary.
Hope all is moving onward and upward!
 
Thanks guys, yes all going very well. Still using 2 crutches but could probably get by with one, i have found that if I slightly overdo things i will be extra sore and tired that evening and next morning, so yes I fully agree with the advice you give not to do too much and listen to your new hip!! All in all very happy and fingers crossed it stays thst way.
 
Can lay on both sides in bed a
Hi there! Happy to hear your recovery progress. Mine has been similarly easy, but I'm a bit envious as I'm still sleeping on my back. But I haven't got the all clear yet to try side sleeping. May I ask if you had anterior or posterior approach? (I had posterior) Moderators, does this make the biggest difference re sleeping on side timeframes or just the surgeon / country?
 
Hi Calgal, great to hear you are doing well, i had the posterior surgery, hospital PT told me i could sleep on both sides with a pillow between my legs as soon as soreness around the incision was gone. Only slept on my back for about 6 days i think! Are you doing much walking and do you still use both crutches?
 
Moderators, does this make the biggest difference re sleeping on side timeframes or just the surgeon / country?

@Calgal....It will be easier to get questions like the one above answered if you start your own recovery thread and ask them there. Your recovery thread would also be the right place for you to provide updates on how you're doing with your recovery. That way you create a recovery history that could be important should you have a problem and need advice. We'd have all the information in one place rather than scattered in among other members' threads. If you need help starting your recovery thread, just let us know.
 
Shrek to answer your question, I left hospital with 2 crutches but now use mostly 1 in house, even up and down stairs. Really helps when trying to carry things !Sometimes use 2 when really tired and I take both out with me to shops etc but last few days have tended to put one in the cart. I still don't feel really strong on op leg. Definitely need a crutch or cane or something so I don't limp. Not too bothered about it. Strength will come. PT appointment Monday. We shall see what she recommends re walking aids. Im not walking miles and miles, maybe 1 or 2 miles a day. Hope your recovery continues well.
 
Last edited:
Progress update!!
Took my first few steps today without any aids, felt great, recovery going great. Back to see OS on 15th July and hopefully the xray will show everything is healing as it should. I know some of you aren’t having a smooth recovery but hang in there, im sure it will all sort itself out.
 
Wonderful news! Woohoo! :yay:
Please let us know how your appt goes on the 15th. I'll bet you get a good report. :yes:
Many months of healing to go..meaning it will get better and better. :happydance:
Have a nice weekend!
@shrek008
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you're recovery is going well.
Drop us an update....we'd love to hear how your post op went.
Best wishes for a great week! :wave:
@shrek008
 
Hi Layla, thankyou. Im doing great, was back to see OS on July 15 and he was very pleased with my progress. He recommended going to the swimming pool daily and walking lengths of the pool both fowards and backwards, i must say the results are fantastic, after one week of this i have discarded the crutch i was using when leaving the house and while not walking perfectly yet i am more than pleased with my progress! I have a slight limp and am still pretty stiff but i think after some more pool work this will sort itself out in time. Hopefully i can get back to doing some light farmwork soon!!
 
Hi @shrek008
What a positive update! Great progress for sure. It's always nice to get a reassuring nod from the OS.
Don't forget to practice heel-toe walking for the limp. It will help.
Enjoy the pool walking and have a great week! :)
 
:wave:Good to hear things are getting better and better.
Keep the faith and don't overdo...easy to overdo in the pool:swim:
Hope today is a good day @shrek008 :SUNsmile:
 
Hi there :wave:
I hope you're having a nice week over yonder on the Emerald Isle.
Stopping by to wish you a Happy Three Month Anniversary!
If you have time when you're on the forum next, drop us an update. We'd love to hear how you're doing.
Until then....enjoy!
@shrek008
 
Hi Layla
Thanks for your good wishes! Im more or less back to my old self, limp has disappeared and all discomfort has gone, in fact most days I completely forget that i have had a THR, i must say that the whole experience has been fantastic and i would urge anyone having reservations about having the op to go ahead, it will give you a whole new lease of life!
Must make sure to make time for my daily walk now
Regards to everyone and thanks a mil for all the support!
 
:wave:@shrek008
Great to hear.:yahoo:
Thanks for taking the time to update your recovery.
I know it will be encouraging for many new hippys.
:ok:
 
Great update last month. It's awesome to read you're doing so well.
Dropping by to wish you a Happy Four Month Anniversary.
Wishing you only the best going forward! :)
@shrek008
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom