THR Just back, all done

:ok:Splendid to hear you are doing so well.
Good old "log leg"...very common post op...but it's just dealing with all that surgery trauma.
Hope they let you go home soon.
Slow and steady will win this race!:dancy:

Yay for home! @shrek008
You're doing so well. Catch up with us later when you're resting comfortably at home.
You know where to find us :wink:
Safe travels!

:wave:Greetings, my new hippy pal.
Glad trip wasn't too tough!
Bet you are glad to be home.
Sending healing vibes your way!:yes:

Hi Chaotic
Thankyou, yes i am delighted with my progress post op, i am not in any pain whatsoever, just some stiffness and general light discomfort, i had never been in hospital before this and if im honest I should have had this surgery maybe 2 years ago, but i was too nervous to just bite the bullet and go for it, actually what finally made my mind up to proceed was the fact that another guy of similar age from my area had a THR in March, he is a new man since and assured me that i also would be over the moon with the results, i know its early days for me yet and i could suffer many a setback on my journey to full recovery but so far it’s been a walk in the park() im sure your experience will be similar and you will be delighted with your decision, if i can be of any assistance to you pre or post op please don’t hesitate to give me a shout

I should have had this surgery maybe 2 years ago
Have heard this SO many times on this forum!:) :-) (:
I hope you take all slow and easy with your new forever hip...lots of healing happening.
Hope you have a restful :ice:weekend.

10 days out now, all going super, no pain just some stiffness when moving. Going to doc today to have sutures removed ,leg is gone pretty bruised now, lovely shades of black, blue and yellow! Very happy with progress so far, last of pain meds today as well so hopefully dont need to fill prescription again. Actually im able to get up from sitting position better now than before i had op. Best wishes to all in recovery

Sounds like you are doing great. No pain is good....:yes:
I have stiffness, but my knee still needs some time, its bruised. My stitches are dissolvable ones, but they are tender yet too. Happy weekend....

Turns out my stitches are dissolvable as well, nurse in hospital gave me a letter to go and get them removed today! My Doctor changed bandage today and said all was healing perfectly, also took me off all meds except the aspirin to prevent clots, so happy out

Hello and Happy Friday to you! :wave:
Great news! It's so reassuring to get a positive nod from the Doctor.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for updating...we love good news!
@shrek008

:wave:Hope all is continuing to improve.
Keep your patience muscle flexed and before you know it you will be back to life in a big way!
Happy Sunday @shrek008 :SUNsmile:

Wow, sounds like you're doing great for 12 days! :yay: Just make sure to keep resting, energy drain is a big deal this early on! :flwrysmile:

Hi guys, just an update on my progress after 23days, doing very well, walking about 2 miles a day on the roads using both crutches, can get by with one crutch when indoors, not sleeping very well but saying that i never did!! Can lay on both sides in bed and off all meds except for aspirin to prevent clots. All in all very pleased with progress, hopefully all the other May Marvels are recovering well!

:yes!: Glad to hear you are progressing well!
The sleeping will get better!
Onward hippy soldier:egypdance:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom