Guest viewing is limited

June 2012 - Are You Having Knee Surgery In June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone!! I think I will be June 18th left tkr, however, I am experiencing workers' compensation insurance issues so I have a back-up surgery date scheduled for July 23rd in case I can't get things straightened out in time. Workers' comp. hearing scheduled for May 21st to assign apportionment so I am keeping my fingers crossed that all will be decided and I can get this done in June. Best of luck to all - this is a wonderful support group. Karen in Buffalo, NY
 
Hi Karen, Here's wishing you luck with your worker's comp!:thumb: I know once you make a decision to get this done, ya want it now! Good thing you have a back up date! I be looking for more posts from you and rooting you on!:yes 4:
 
Hi. Welcome. Ref metal inside the knee I don't mind what's in there as long as it works, gets rid of the constant pain and lets me live life to the full!

I think it's quite good fun being bionic and can't wait but we all have something about the process we are concerned with and then out to bed once we get our heads around it. That's where this forum helps as you can tap ino others experiences which helps take the not knowing and fear away

:friends:
 
Thanks so much for those that replied to me, I never thought about the metal going in my knees as the same as crowns for teeth. I have one or two of these so I think I can get my thoughts about it all into perspective if I think like that.
I cant imagine why I am so nervous, I know 2 people that have had both knees replaced and 1 that has had left knee done last Dec. She will be having the right knee replaced later on in the year. None of these have had anything negative to say about their new knees so I am trying to be positive about the whole thing.
I have huge holiday planned somewhere in the Indian Ocean for my husband and myself and I plan on walking, relaxing and walking again. Something which I have not been able to do for a long long time and I am certain you all feel the same.
On a lighter note I cant seem to upload a picture can anyone help ? I have gone through the uploading procedure and my pic does not seem to come up, it says file failed. I dont think I am that ugly that its not allowed lol.
Anyway, thanks again to everyone for their words of help and support. So glad I have found this forum even if I cant get on here every day I can check back from time to time and know that you are all there.
Best wishes to everyone.
 
Another newbie here. What a treasure to find this website! The library is an awesome resource with information I can understand, but best of all is reading about everyone's experiences. I have a left TKR scheduled for June 5th just in time for my birthday...such a wonderful gift, I'm very grateful. That makes me both a June bug and sunbeam :) I'm looking forward to hiking and dancing again, and keeping up with my grandchildren. But why did I have to scare myself silly by watching an online video of the actual surgery??!! :doorscary:
 
Hi Mary Grace - think of it this way, they say 'knowledge is power'!
I watched it too & even though I am a retired nurse I too found it a tad shocking. It's just like mechanical engineering ........ just happens to be inside someone's knee joint! The noise is tremendous, think I'm going for a GA, no chance of hearing anything then.:rolleyespink:
You will be just one day ahead of me so we should be good recovery buddies:friends:
 
Hi Marygrace

Welcome to the BoneSmart family, great that you enjoy the forum and find the information in the library useful :) Maybe you would like to start your own thread and share your story, that way members can chat more directly with you :)

Regarding watching the surgical video, I am I hippie, and I found this awesome site where I could actually perform a THR... 3D of course, not on a person....

It was so funny, hubby came home one day and said what are you looking at.... He looked over my shoulder and said - when do you graduate as an OS... Must admit, it was a cool app, that talked me through the whole procedure.....

Again, welcome :)
 
Thanks so much for those that replied to me, I never thought about the metal going in my knees as the same as crowns for teeth. I have one or two of these so I think I can get my thoughts about it all into perspective if I think like that.
I cant imagine why I am so nervous, I know 2 people that have had both knees replaced and 1 that has had left knee done last Dec. She will be having the right knee replaced later on in the year. None of these have had anything negative to say about their new knees so I am trying to be positive about the whole thing.
I have huge holiday planned somewhere in the Indian Ocean for my husband and myself and I plan on walking, relaxing and walking again. Something which I have not been able to do for a long long time and I am certain you all feel the same.
On a lighter note I cant seem to upload a picture can anyone help ? I have gone through the uploading procedure and my pic does not seem to come up, it says file failed. I dont think I am that ugly that its not allowed lol.
Anyway, thanks again to everyone for their words of help and support. So glad I have found this forum even if I cant get on here every day I can check back from time to time and know that you are all there.
Best wishes to everyone.

I tried from my iPad but it wouldn't work and had to fire up the old laptop. Just in case that's what you're using.

Not long see you on the other side :friends:
 
Had a scope last year, now I'm having a total knee replacement.

A very warm welcome Maria.
How about starting your own thread and telling us about yourself?

This link should help
https://bonesmart.org/forum/ho...ead-t3513.html

The short version is to go to the Knee Replacement Pre-Op area and on the left side there is a "New Thread" button that you click.

You are having TKR on June 28th, huh? Which knee is it? Many of us on this forum have two bad knees and one is worse than the other. Is that the same in your case?

Anyway, the Library above has lots of good advice on knee surgery, things to take to the hospital, recover, pain control, icing, and everything in between.

Again, welcome. And if you post your own thread, other BoneSmarties will be along to welcome you as well!

 
June Surgery List

Week 1

June 1 Blakqueen (Kim)
June 1 Jacky48
June 4 Lori
June 4 Janet2012 (Janet)
June 5 Vicledsome

June 5 MaryGrace


Week 2
June 6 Reetpteet
June 7 Coniglietta


Week 3
June 11 JoyWest
June 11 Susu
June 13 drnscr
June 13 Phoenixx29
June 14 jmps
June 18 MsScarlett
June 18 MerryKaye (Karen)


Week 4
Your name here

Week 5
June 27 Redbedhead (Anna)
June 28 Maria64


Week TBD
June ? ladyj
 
Looking forward to a right knee PKR on June 4th. Had an ACL allograft on the same knee in July of 2005.

A warm welcome NHMEDIC!
Looking at your avatar it seems you enjoy skiing and will right at home here. We have many skiers on this forum as well as runners and other athletes.

Why not start your own thread on the pre-op side and tell us about yourself.

Once you are at the Knee Replacement Pre-Op area, there is a "New Thread" button, click on it and you are on your way to your own thread. Folks will be along to say "hi".
 
Hello from Australia,

I will certainly appreciate those June Sunbeams over here as it's the middle of our Autumn (Fall), with longer cooler nights, and shorter but mostly sunny days.

And, Yes! - I am booked for RTKR June 27th, 2012.

The Pre-Admission date for me is June 7th when all of the health checkups are completed at the hospital clinic and the swabs, blood are taken for pathology. Assuming that no problems occur from those results, and no emergencies occur, my knee replacement surgery should happen on the proposed date.

I'm not a novice with surgery, but I am with the 'replacement'. A lot of good advice recently came out of a hospital information seminar, specifically on the hip or knee replacements, what to expect, what not to do etc.

I believe the shared experiences of many has much to offer those undergoing the same or similar procedures, and take this opportunity to give my Thanks to Jamie, site Administrator, and wish those having procedures, particularly in June, all of the very best.

Cheers
Charles
 
I am having BTKR June 20 - starting to feel a bit anxious! I think the fact that I am an RN makes me worry about too many things. Will be very happy when I'm on the other side. :rolleyespink:
 
Hi, Dog Lover.....welcome! We seem to have a lot of nurses on the forum, so you're in good company here.

We all were at least somewhat anxious before our surgery. It's normal!!! It will help if you talk about your fears. Why don't you start a thread of your own here in the pre-op forum and tell us more about yourself. We're here for you!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom