THR Jump start on recovery thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kktoland great news that you have decided to go ahead with your second hip replacement.A very good decision and isn't it wonderful that you haven't long to wait.Good luck for next week.
 
@Nana757 - thanks for the good wishes. I have Tylenol or percocet but prefer not to take them prior to surgery because once I'm off morphine pump that is what they prescribe for pain. Pain is manageable as long as I'm not on my feet too long.

@Kim22 - I am glad surgery will be soon. Just wish recovery was quicker LOL!
 
Tomorrow will be eight weeks since my right posterior hip replacement. I can sorta walk without support but not very far and limp when I do. AND ...

Tomorrow I'm having a left posterior hip replacement. Soooo .. back on the walker and with a log leg and bobble head for a couple of weeks. Not looking forward to this but I know more of what I'm getting into this time and what to expect. I am definitely looking forward to recovering enough for PT and getting my strength and flexibility back in time for spring yardwork.
 
Prepped and ready .. waiting to go to holding. Here we go again.
 
Glad to hear this. You will do great and will be so happy to have a matching pair! Please keep us posted...
 
Day 3 and I can finally focus my eyes somewhat. When I woke up I would swear this hip hurt worse than the other at first, especially in the groin. OS said that is not unusual. He did say the cartilage was in worse shape than he had thought..so I'm glad I went ahead with surgury. Sleepy again. ....
 
Day 4: Managed to take a shower, walk around the ward with PT and sit in recliner for a bit. My BP had been running quite low 105/58 for past few days and blood levels were low, so no xeralto for me this time. No compression stockings either which doesn't bother me one little bit.

I'm surprised by how much more this hip hurt than the other. I was switched from morphine to Dilaudid the first night which helped. Before I would have switched to oral meds (percocet 5 mg x 1 or 2) the we conduct day. This time I stayed on Dilaudid until 3rd morning and was given percocet 10 mg x 1 or 2 every 4 hr. This is a lot of medication for me but I was so glad my OS took my pain level so serious and treated it well.

I'm back home now and enjoying my own bed LOL!
 
Almost 9 weeks (right hip) and Day 6 (left hip) update: The energy drain is hitting hard this time around. I did manage a shower today and sat on couch for a while, so I'll take it - grin! More bruising this time and another 28 staples - must be OS lucky number LOL!
 
Update: 10 weeks on right hip and 2 weeks on left hip. Getting staples out tomorrow - woohoo!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom