TKR Judywade109 recovery thread

@Judywade109 You are in your recovery thread and posting here fine. Celle’s post was directed to another member who posted here in your thread. See the different username in blue:
@Dksmom - Please start a recovery thread of your own, so we can advise you on your own thread.
Well it didn’t turn blue when I quoted Celle’s post, but it did in Celle’s original post.
 
I thought this was my recovery thread. I read the instructions and thought i was doing it right. Im so technologically challenged that i have trouble navigating. Any help is appreciated!
This is your thread and you are doing it just right!
 
Im nearing the end of week 5. Im becoming more confident on my new knee but still use the walker occasionally because my other knee started buckling. They apparently straightened my leg out too. Wonder if that requires extra recovery? I’ve been sleeping in a recliner since my surgery. Tried my bed last might but couldn’t get comfortable so back to the chair. Spent a few hours in the car yesterday so i iced when i got home. I go to PT twice a week. Im at 93 ROM. Is that good or bad? I finally see the surgeon on Jan 2nd. I feel like i was left to the wolves with the lack of communication from the surgeons’s office. Met a lady at PT last week who was 2 weeks out of surgery and doing a full backward rotation on the bike already. I was jealous! Lol. any thoughts? Thanx!! Happy New Year!
 
@Judywade109 This is your thread my friend. Celle was asking another member to post on their own thread. You are doing just fine here.

How are you doing with your recovery?
 
Im nearing the end of week 5. Im becoming more confident on my new knee
Confidence is very important progress, and a flexion of 93 is fine. Icing after an activity is exactly the right thing to do.
Met a lady at PT last week who was 2 weeks out of surgery and doing a full backward rotation on the bike already. I was jealous!
I know just how you feel! At my 6 week check up with my surgeon I was sitting near a woman who was 2 weeks post op. She leaned down to adjust something on her sneaker, and she looked like she did it easily. I couldn’t even do that at 6 weeks! My husband reminded me that everyone is different.
 
Met a lady at PT last week who was 2 weeks out of surgery and doing a full backward rotation on the bike already.
It's possible that she didn't have a knee replacement, just some other knee surgery. Some people call any knee surgery a replacement.
 
She had a robitic knee replacement. Hartzband orthopedics in Paramus NJ. Interesting!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom