TKR Joni's TKR 9/15/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone!
My knee I'd doing great. I've been training for my trip to Spain. I leave in less than 5 weeks. It will be 9 mionths post TKR. I've been hiking with my pack at about 12 pounds. My shins are giving me some worry, but not the knee. Oh, it aches some, gives me twinges, clicks and so on. I have begun icing my knee and shins after hiking or hard workouts. And elevating of course.
My schedule is:

Day 1: June 13 fly to Paris
Day. 2 June 14 arrive Paris rest
Day 3. June 15 Paris
Day 4 June 16 Paris
Day 5 June 17 travel to St Jean
Day 6: June 18 Orisson
Day 7. June 19. Roncevilles.
Day 8. June 20 Walk
Day 9 June 21. walk
Day 10 June 22. walk
Day 11 June 23. walk
Day 12 June. 24. walk
Day 13 June 25. walk
Day 14 June 26. walk
Day 15 June 27 walk
Day 16. June 28. Walk
Day 17. June 29. Travel toMadrid
Day 18 June 30. Madrid
Day 19. July 1. Madrid
Day 20. July 2 Madrid
Day 21. July 3. Fly to NY
Day 22. July 4 NY
Day 23. July 5. NY. Book of Morman
Day 24. July 6 NY
Day 25. July 7. Fly Home

My cousin just walked her first day of the Camino Santiago. I will walk with her brother and my husband. We have 11 walking days. I'd like to keep it down to about 8 miles a day instead of the 10-15 everyone else does. I want to stop and smell the roses. -- Joni
 
@Djbrund Good to hear from you, Joni.

Your walk sounds very long but at 8 miles per day I am sure you will be fine. And what an achievement when you finish it.
Best of luck and have a wonderful holiday.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom