Guest viewing is limited

THR Jojool rides to the other side...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to urgent care and got antibiotics. Better safe than sorry. Thanks Jo for the information
 
sandybeach Yes, finally! I spent about an hour out with my horses this morning, grooming and getting all horsey smelling. Took a walk with one of them, and my hip feels great!

Woo Hoo!!!
 
I am 8 weeks out from surgery today. Went to my follow-up yesterday with my surgeon. Dr. Chow told me that I am doing well, and said I'm about 70% healed. He told me it normally takes up to a year and a half to completely recover to the point where you forget you had a hip replacement.

My FIRST question to him was "Can I ride my horse??" His response was a resounding "YES, I encourage it!" Wooo HOOOOOOO :happydance: Anything discussed after that was a blur. Getting the OK to ride was my goal from the beginning of this ordeal.

I haven't ventured out to actually get on my horse yet, as my hubby wants to be here the first time I get on, just to make sure all goes okay. I'm so excited I can't stand it! I keep bugging the hubby, asking if he can take time off work so I can ride. :tada:

To everyone that is nervous about the surgery, don't be! It IS the best thing I've done for myself and I wish I'd been able to do it sooner. I am happy, pretty much pain free (I do have a few twinges now and then, but NO big deal at all!) and feel like I'm getting my life back. :spin:

Thank you to Bonesmart and all of the hippies out there. You helped me sail through this with grace. Thank you thank you thank you! :thankyou:
 
AWESOME! Can't wait to hear how your first ride goes!
 
Jojool I've been away from home for work for a while and Im only just catching up on my Bonesmart horsey friends now. I am so thrilled for you that your OS has given you the go ahead to ride! :happydance: I completely understand how anything else he might have said went in one ear and out the other....All that would be going through my head is "I can ride, I can ride, I can ride...wooooohooooooo!!!"

Please let us know how you go!!!
 
Well, I did it! I rode my horse for 15 minutes today. Didn't hurt one bit!! I wanted to go longer but I know I have to ease into my riding routine. It felt SO good.

I am BACK IN THE SADDLE!!!!!
 
Well I don't ride but I know the wonderful feeling I had when I was finally given the go ahead to get back in the pool! Isn't it wonderful to get your life back!!!!!!!
 
OMG! That's completely awesome! Congratulations!:D

I hope I'll be joining you back in the saddle in 11 more sleeps!
 
Im new to this site and not sure how I use it !!! I read your posts and they made me feel better, I too want to ride again, my operation is 24th October and Im petrified, but I know I cant live life to the full with this pain, just didnt think at 50 I would be having a hip replacement, but I'm glad I have found this site to read the inspiring stories. Well done with your recovery
 
Thought I'd pop in and give you an update. I was 12 weeks out from my THR on November 14. Today I went on a 1-1/2 hour ride on my horse. No pain, no stiffness and absolute Heaven! I hadn't planned on going that long, but met up with a friend and we talked and walked and before we knew it, it had been 4 miles and 1-1/2 hours in the saddle. So, for those of you who are wondering if you can get your life back after a THR, you CAN and you WILL! I did! Never gave my hip a 2nd thought today. Life IS good! :happydance:
 
That's great to hear. Glad all is going well, enjoy your horse.
 
That's so cool!! I took my horse out with a friend on the weekend too! There were a few small cross country jumps where we went, and of course I just HAD to have a go! No pain!! Yay! We only popped over a few and then just rode out for about an hour. Life is good on a horse, right?? :yay:
 
Jojool Whoooooooohhooooooo! You go girl! Loved your inspirational post my friend! So glad you popped in to update us!!!!:puppysmooze:
 
I am now 4 weeks post op, each day does get easier, I have one more injection to go and 2 weeks for my 6 week check, I need a shower and to lie on my side !!!! Thanks for all the kind posts and now Im feling more postive and not so emotional I will be on the site more often, I even was brave enough to look at my scar today !!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom