TKR Joining the fun 9 weeks out

I'm so sorry to hear about your stress fracture in your foot. I hope you are in great shape for dancing at your sons wedding.
 
This too shall pass. I am sorry you have to go through this. What a wonderful thing to look forward to! A wedding!
 
Hi friends! I am so excited about the wedding (main reason I decide to do the TKR last fall), but so dismayed to have this happening so long past the operation. It seems like the side effects from this surgery just never end! I ordered new shoes for the wedding because the ones I had felt uncomfortable - didn't know what I was dealing with until today! Maybe I can spray-paint my boot a pretty silver to go with my gown if I am still in it in late June :roseshwr:. Wanted to warn all my BoneSmart friends to be careful about any realignment of your leg following surgery - obviously a pretty important thing to consider.
 
oh no! We will think positive and you will be all set for that Mother Son dance:)
 
My son got married 8 years ago and my knees were already killing me. So I bought the high heel gorgeous shoes for ceremony and pictures and had silver rhinestone flip flops for the reception. Had a blast!!
 
@Glamg1979 I love that! I am already having my dress hemmed for a short heel, but I might just have a pair of shiny sandals on hand for afterwards. Great idea.

I am hoping that the emotions and adrenaline will keep my mind off any lingering pains. The podiatrist (in practice with my OS group) said we can evaluate my gait and alignment once this is healed.

The Mother Son dance - yikes! We will have to practice that I think.

Thanks to everyone for your support.
 
@New England Librarian

Hello! Yes, @Pumpkln is correct! I had a foot fracture while training for the Houston Marathon. I was walking 9 miles a day and suddenly had a foot that didn't like it. I thought it was arthritis just like in my other foot, so I decided to put it up against the jets in the hot tub to blast it!:bignono:

My foot fought back and I ended up finding out I had a "Jones fracture" of the 5th metatarsal. I told them I wanted to keep exercising so they stuck my foot in a waterproof cast so I could swim with my trainer!:heehee:

Well, after a week, he cut off the cast and put me in a boot. I was riding a knee trike for 12 weeks?.... I think....my memory is bad. Anyway, I was faster on it than crutches. Everyone wanted a ride because they thought it was motorized! I told them sure until they realized I was using my left leg to zip around! Then nobody wanted to try it!

It depends on what type of fracture you have. Some of them heal quickly! The Jones fracture is the worst because of the lack of blood flow to that area.

Hope you are soon out of the boot and getting ready for your son's wedding!:console2:
 
@RestAssured Sonja thanks for your story! I went back over your thread and saw that at one point you had more than one metatarsal fracture at the same time -yikes! I have known about my severe midfoot arthritis for several years (before my knee even began to hurt), but was not expecting this. The fracture did not show on the X-ray but the doctor told me they sometimes don't. Fortunately wearing the boot all day and doing very little else physically has already helped, regardless of the exact diagnosis. I work long hours, but was up to almost 3 miles several days a week - will have to start at zero again once this is healed :groan:. The boot has about a 3 inch sole so I am wearing my heaviest soled sneaker on my other foot, and using my cane in an attempt to keep from limping and leaning and straining my back.

On the positive side, despite dragging this boot around for almost a week, my TKR knee still feels pretty good!
 
:rotfl:Oh yes, I have had more than one fracture in my foot, but if you read very much about me you would see that I am "slightly" hardheaded!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom