Guest viewing is limited

THR JoeKnows Recovery

Hi @JoeKnows ,

Exact same thing here on non op hip. Teneder to touch on the surface... but not a deeper pain like with bursitis. Just below the trochanter. Feeling like I should have a surface bruise, though none appears. Had it for about a week. Weird... but then, everything with this recovery is wiered. That said, I am a weird guy, so I guess ignore is par for the course.

Cheers
 
@Layla ....There was one who used to send inappropriately dressed lawyers across the street to buy clothes (from a very expensive boutique) before he'd let them argue, but he retired, haha.

I once heard about a kind of cowboy lawyer here in BC who would wear his jeans & cowboy boots to court; the tale was that he just put on a gown, knowing the judge on the bench couldn't see his lower half.
 
Hi @JoeKnows ,

Exact same thing here on non op hip. Teneder to touch on the surface... but not a deeper pain like with bursitis. Just below the trochanter. Feeling like I should have a surface bruise, though none appears. Had it for about a week. Weird... but then, everything with this recovery is wiered. That said, I am a weird guy, so I guess ignore is par for the course.

Cheers

Yes! Exactly the same thing. Hasn't bothered me since early this morning, and despite sort of accidentally having another 6 adult, 6 kid dinner party (small neighborhood), I took it pretty easy today.

@An54 Cowboy boots and hats aren't uncommon here in Bakersfield. Can't really get away with jeans, though I know at least a few judges who wear them under their robe. Do the lawyers wear the black robes too in BC? If that's how it was here, I might be in shorts, haha.
 
While I'm winding down, here's the daily summary. Woke up stupid early and couldn't sleep, so coffee, ice, recliner, and watching Europe dominate the US (we gave them a bit of a scare for an hour or so though). Dealt with the girls solo from when they woke up around 7 to when my wife got home from some volunteer stuff around noon. Wife made me a little charcuterie plate while I was watching football. Fell asleep shortly thereafter - in the recliner for 15 minutes or so before moving to the bed and getting very little sleep because the neighbor kids had the audacity to play in their own backyard on a nice afternoon.

I had suggested we invite this very relaxed family over for football, which was at first cancelled (hence the nap), then apparently turned into dinner, then another family got looped in some how. So we hosted again, same as Thursday except an extra kid (and these kids are nuts). Happily, my wife knew I was beat so I didn't do much but sit, socialize, and occasionally poke an unruly child with my cane.

Hip feels pretty good. I did take some Tylenol this morning, but haven't needed it since. My quad is bugging me a bit, but not concerned. Another steri strip fell off and there's a reddish bump, but I'll just keep an eye on it - it's on the intersection of the incision and the seam of my boxer briefs, so I'm guessing it just got irritated from friction (I'll throw a bandaid over it to prevent that tomorrow). Just took a long shower and massaged the quad, heading for bed with an ice pack and a book (I'll probably make it 3 pages before I pass out). Finally moved back to the master bedroom last night, apparently I didn't snore, and it was reasonably comfortable though I'd love to get a new mattress - it's just such a commitment, haha.

I want to get back on my stationary bike, but I'll give it a few more days at least. Back to work full time tomorrow, boooo. But I really want to be there with some changes that are in the works. I'm up to it from an ortho standpoint, the question is just energy. I can always bail early and take a nap if need be, since I don't have a set schedule.

Goodnight all.
 
@JoeKnows don't forget Energy Drain. It can hit very hard and quickly. You are at that stage in recovery when you may notice this increasing. Allow time for rest - you just can't fight it.
 
@Bionic and @SurreyGirl - Europe earned the right to gloat, haha. Really there was only about a 10 minute period where I looked at the scores and thought we had a chance. Fun to watch regardless... I have to go to one someday.
 
Oh, @JoeKnows.. you are one of THEM, who watch professional golf on TV...zzzz I think the hushed and soporific tones of the announcers (is the golf course a giant outdoor library?) and the total LACK of ANY interesting stuff going on makes golf watching worse than my other least favorite sport to watch--baseball (AKA paint drying on the wall watching time). But my husband will watch golf sometimes and I use it as an opportunity to snuggle up next to him and take a nap.
 
@Barbaraj - Indeed I am! Can't argue with any of your points though, except that the Ryder Cup is kind of a different animal. The crowds are hammered very excited, and the match play format makes every shot count a lot more than the normal stroke play format. It's also awesome to me that these players are SO invested in every shot, even though there's no money in it for them.

Anyway, to keep this particular post relevant - work is fine so far. Focusing is tough, but I have a backlog of housekeeping items that I can at least take care of. So far this morning there's no pain unless I push on the IT band.
 
Uh huh, @JoeKnows, you can argue all you want that the Ryder Cup is different--crowds may be more "excited" but it's STILL boring golf! Are the announcers any more lively than usual? I walked a golf course once with some friends of mine who were all avid golfers, and I did appreciate the chance to stop at every hole where they discussed (endlessly) their approach and strategies for the next hole. I simply plopped myself down (I'd brought a book of short stories with me) until they'd sorted things out, then walk to the next hole and repeat. The only worthwhile aspect of the day for me was that the end of it we got to go the club house and throw back some tasty cocktails!

And to stick with the requirement for a relevant post, glad work is going well so far. I can imagine focusing on the type of work you do would occasionally be tough but if you're tackling the easier/more simple things first then that makes sense. Little by little, inch by inch...
 
You can drink on the course?!! Wow, if I'd known that was possible--it was blazing hot on the golf course and I could have used a cold one (or two). But it was a hoity-toity sort of golf course and I didn't see anyone passing out any beverages, and the quartet I was out with were all very serious golfers.
 
Haha I don't know if I've ever played a round of golf without drinks. You're not supposed to bring in outside alcohol, but I usually do (used to have a fake driver that was in fact a long, thin thermos for dispensing cocktails, haha). The only difference between my normal public courses and the few really nice private courses I've played is that the former will sell you a six pack in a plastic bag with ice, and the latter will have a cooler on the cart you can fill. Of course, I'm far from serious about it.
 
Tried golf....didn't much care for it :nah:
My best times on the course are in the cart, Vino in hand, watching hubs hit the ball
and looking at the homes, or scenery. Best on a beautiful sunny Fall day when the leaves are changing.
Aaah, so relaxing. I love the sound of the club hitting the ball.

Wishing you the best on your return to work tomorrow, Joe.
Don't be surprised if you feel wiped out. Give us a report once you're back in your chair tomorrow night.
We'll be waiting to hear...
@JoeKnows
 
Used to date a guy who was big into golf. I tried really hard to be interested in the game, but the best use of a golf course IMO is to turn it into a cross country event venue for horses! I just look at those lovely long sections of grass and think "What a great place to gallop!" :heehee: Horrors I know to every golfer here :yikes:

Hope your day wasn't too tiring @JoeKnows and you are able to put your feet up at some point soon, as I'm sure the recliner is calling. So hard to do with little kiddy winks :) .
 
They do say that golf is "a good walk ruined." @Alitm the courses I play most around here are so hard packed I doubt a horse would make a difference. Considering half our economy is agriculture, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone make a polo / golf hybrid course at some point, haha. @Layla with me, you're more likely to hear the club hitting the hard-packed ground anyway...

I'm getting pretty tired (3:21 my time). Some general soreness is setting in too, but at this point I don't feel the need for Tylenol. Thinking I'll finish a couple things and take off for some quiet icing time before my wife picks up the girls from daycare. Turns out I don't have to be in court tomorrow, so that's good. I really, really want to get back on the bike or something, but I'm forcing myself to wait until the IT band doesn't hurt to massage.
 
Recliner and ice are calling you. So glad you don't have to be in court tomorrow! Good idea on waiting on the IT band....ice the living daylights out of that sucker, as much as you can.

I fess up, I do enjoy watching the golf highlights...the hand-eye coordination is amazing. The courses in Bermuda are supposed to be really great...but as you know, I viewed them in a completely different light!

Hope you get that rest in before the fam gets home @JoeKnows
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom