Guest viewing is limited

TKR Jeff's double

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff, awesome - glad to hear about surgery went well on #1, I will be looking forward to see how #2 goes~! Way to go brother, glad I was able to sign on today.

best wish's and I will be in touch...
-chris
 
Fantastic. ..post when you can. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Wow what a horrible night I had. My left knee was killing me the nerve block world off about 1 a.m. and the pain was incredible. It seems my left knee was far more debilitating then my right me was and it took my OS longer to work on it. He told me he had a difficult time with it. My pain levels went through the roof all night long morphine wasn't helping nothing was helping me until thank God A personalized pump I think its called a PCA. They gave me something that started with D but I forget what it was and Valium. I've been getting through the day with the pump that I can push every 10 minutes. If I can get off the pump tomorrow I'll be going to a rehab hospital
 
Jeff - sorry to hear about your horror night. The PCA pump is great - just press it every 10 mins when the green light is on:yes!:. I think we all go through that cross over between the anesthetics / blocks wearing off and getting the meds right. I did it so you can too - just remember that it will pass and things will settle down. Hard to focus on this when you are hurting but it is the truth.

Take care and press the button - Maggie x
 
Wow - so sorry to hear that! Guessing your PCA has dilaudid - it's hydromorphone - glad they got it under control and gave you the resources to keep it there.
 
Sorry to hear about your night Jeff..I was hooked up to a PCA when I woke up and hammered it every 6 minutes for 2 days..worst is over...onward and upward..

Vinny
 
I hope the pain is under control now. :console2:
 
Hi everybody, hey what the heck is with the crying! I don't know why just broke out into tears but I've never done that before . They just told me I have to stay another day in the hospital because of my left leg is more painful than the right was I'm on some pretty heavy medication I'll try talking to you later
 
Hi everybody, hey what the heck is with the crying! I don't know why just broke out into tears but I've never done that before .
All normal---it can happen to anybody. the pain meds, the lack of independence, many things factor in to this. Take a look at this article by Josephine---it does a great job of explaining the emotional roller coaster.

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
 
Normal Jeff. Of course as a flyer fan I would never get emotional. But as a ranger fan perfectly normal. Pain does strange things to our emotions and your body and mind have been under attack. Meds can do it too as a side effect. Hang in there dude the worst is behind you

Vinny
 
Sending you some mojo!! I only had one done and I can't comprehend having them both feel like the one.
 
I think we have all done that Jeff....part of the journey. Look on the bright side your eyes got a good wash
Another day in hospital with bilaterals is good...take care, Maggie x
 
hi everybody, well I made it to rehab Hospital they're letting me sleep the rest of today and tonight and I start with three sessions a day tomorrow sundays are a day off they say that most stays are 10 days long but when you leave you can move around with a cane. I hope they're right! I haven't had any pain medicine in the afternoon. I've been icing both legs and it seems to be helping a lot I'm going to follow Josephine's advice and sleep whenever I can and not let anyone push me too far. I intend to thank each and everyone of you individually as soon as i can. however I did think I heard through my open window last night and loud cry come from the island of Bermuda when the Rangers won.God bless you all
 
Hi @jhcompliance

Good luck in rehab Jeff. The pain and the blues are normal. I think we've nearly all had them. You've got lots of support on here. There's always someone to talk to in the early hours, late, anytime. You are not alone. Just a simple login to contact a friendly Bonesmartie on the site.

Wish you well with your recovery.

Nana moon 27 x
 
Glad to hear you are safely at the rehab facility. I made it home yesterday and it physically wore me out!! Hope your sessions today go well and I look forward to your progress.
 
@jhcompliance Jeff there are no ranger fans on this rock....originally it was called the Isle of Devils but they were banished too....enjoy the time in rehab and get ready for the playoffs......welcome to the wonderful world of bilaterals..

Vinny
 
Glad you are onto the next step and icing, good job!! The med's are horrific, I seriously had a tear over not having pickles with bbq, I might have had a toddler blow out screaming "but I don't wanna!" if they made me stay in the hospital another day! Just ride the wave and realize it's all normal and the next moment is bound to be better than the last.

As awful as they are - keep up with the meds! you have enough to do right now that being in pain is only counter productive.
 
sup Jeff, hope all is going ok - dealing with my stuff as well, my right knee just doesnt want to come around as good as the left - crazy, but I hope you are doing well - I know you are, it is tough - we have been though it - but, take it one day at a time....respect...-chris
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom