TKR Jazzy4564's recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jamie, thank you for your comments. My knee has felt much better today so I guess I just need to practice a little more patience :)
 
I also have some tingling, mild numbness around my ankle running up the side of my foot to my toes and I've had that since surgery. My calf is still somewhat swollen and he said it could be the swelling is pressing on the sural nerve.
That was a new one on me! I had to look it up but found the area is this

[Bonesmart.org] Jazzy4564's recovery


My thoughts are that it could have been traumatised during the surgery at the top-most end, most likely by a clumsily placed retractor. It should settle and resolve in time.
I have pain starting around mid to lower DRF1 going down in a half moon shape to the inside.
That's quite a usual pain to have - it's the lower end of the ITB (ilio-tibial band) and quite likely you have some pain and/or tenderness higher up near the hip bone. In my experience it's mostly caused by over enthusiastic exercise.

I'm going to ask you some questions and it would be very helpful if you would answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are ....

1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't compare this with the bone-on-bone pain you had before surgery!
[Bonesmart.org] Jazzy4564's recovery
)
Also don't forget to include other forms of pain such as soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching, swelling and stiffness

2. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?

3. how often are you icing your knee and for how long?

4. are you elevating your leg, how often and for how long?

5. What is your ROM - that's flexion (bend) and extension (straightness)

6. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and

7. what kind of PT exercises and exercises at home are you doing? How much and how often? (and detailed details would be appreciated, please! Reps, sets and session and all that)

Note:
If you're not familiar with this, it goes like so:
1 lift of a 500kg bell bar = 1 rep or repetition.
Doing 5 reps and then a brief rest = 1 set of 5.
And doing 5 sets and finishing = a session.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom