TKR JasmineTheCat leaps forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jasminethecat Glad you survived going back to work! Often after people go back to work they don't go to PT. If it gets to be too much quit the PT. You can do exercise on your own.
 
HI Jasmine the Cat! Sounds like things are doing OK! :thumb:
Enjoy being in the play! I'd say "break a leg", but this is probably the wring forum for that!!!:rotfl:
 
@LondonLady - "Break a leg!" Pretty funny! I was drinking my morning tea when I read your message. I was a good thing I'd already swallowed. It just made me giggle aloud. My husband looked up from perusing his emails and said, "Huh?" I had to tell him what you'd said. He thought it was pretty cute.

@tiredwife - "Often after people go back to work they don't go to PT." I keep that in mind. If I can manage it, I'd like to continue with physical therapy. I like my PT person - she thinks up interesting new things for me to work on to strengthen my hip as well as my knee. By the way, that's an awesome new photo you are using. Is it your pre-Halloween look? I haven't checked in on bonesmart since going back to work (too sleepy, I guess) so I missed any discussion about it.
 
@Jasminethecat as long as doing it all isn't causing swelling or pain then go for it, but don't overdo it. That is my pumpkin I carved last Halloween.
 
It's over ten weeks since my TKR and I've just gotten off the last narcotic pill! I'm so glad. I'm still taking Tylanol before bedtime. Without dilaudid, I tend to wake up once during the night but I can usually get back to sleep before too long. It will be so good to sleep through the night. Last night I took Nyquil for a cold I've been fighting; it knocked me out and I had such a wonderfully solid sleep. I know I'd traded one kind of drug for another, but it helped enormously and perhaps will help me beat back this cold.

Work is going pretty well. After 3 weeks, I worked back up to my normal work schedule, which is helpful since my short-term disability company decided I was not eligible for partial disability payments (very frustrating). I still don't know how they think I could drive 15 miles each way with a swollen knee, while taking pain medication, and then work a full day.

Oh, yes, the show I was in, "Under Milk Wood" was so much fun! It was worth struggling up all the steps to get up to the grange hall's 2nd floor and then up more steps to the stage. Since it was a reading, I mostly just sat in my armchair. But we'd decided that for variety, we'd stand up to deliver some of our some of our more dramatic speeches. At first I wasn't sure if I could do that but during the performance, my adrenalin level helped and I was able to do so.

PT is going well. I'm still working on strengthening my quads and working on steps. On Tuesday my PT had me work on going up a 6" step. It was hard. I held on to the parallel bars and pushed myself up. On Thursday we tried again. This time I could step up with much more ease. That was very encouraging. At home I found I could walk up some of our garage stairs, which have 7" risers. Our main stairs however have 8" risers. Of course I tried to climb them but it made my knee feel odd so I went back to climbing them one-footed. Do you think I'll be able to climb them when I get to 12 weeks?
 
@Jasminethecat Sounds like you are getting on with your life. You seemed to have had fun doing your show and are none the worse for it. You will improve daily and will be scooting right up and down the stairs before long!
Have a great day!
 
Sounds like you're progressing!
 
@Jasminethecat, I had a cat named Jasmine. She was 21 when she passed away. Loved that cat!!!
Don't feel foolish about crying. It is normal. When I was at my doctor's recently and calmly explaining a situation I was having, right in the middle I just stopped talking and starting crying. Big, sobby cries... It's ok. It's normal. Cry into a big thirsty bath towel at home and know that many of us here on Bonesmart understand.:flwrysmile::):)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom