TKR Jan's journey to jump!

PT went well. Then she helped me elevate. Although she had independently commented that my swelling had gone down and looked good. She said around the knee would last long. But man that elevating hurt. I couldn't even do it for quite 30 minutes. But I'm gonna try and do it at least s little every day.

I'm off to a pretty good start today. Feeling a little nauseous and sleepy. But knee feels good. Gonna take a nap and check back later.
 
Elevating shouldn't hurt. have a look at this article, for some illustrations of how to elevate.
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key

For elevation to be effective, you do need to get your knee higher than your hips.
You don't have to keep your knee completely straight while you're elevating - that does hurt. It's OK to bend you knee a little bit.
 
Thanks, Celle. I have looked at those. I seem to have a difficult time getting the pillows just right. But I think I have it figured out. PT says swelling looks really good.

I continue to improve and feel good. Just have issues with my tummy from time to time. I guess I'm still dealing with right balance between constipation and diarrhea. I have taken milk of magnesia. That helps but then swings me the other direction if that makes sense. Maybe there's something around 7:00 in the evening that upsets my tummy also. That could be something with my pill combos. Might need to look at that. Any ideas, suggestions?

Overall though I'm really doing well. Oh I went for an excursion for the first time today. Just sat in the car, but being outside and the beautiful weather is very uplifting. Looking forward to continued improvement.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom