Guest viewing is limited

THR It's done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Medfordart yes very emotional and I am calling OS on monday! I think icing more will help!
 
@gialynn, I hope you have a better evening and night. I have noticed, from other surgeries and injuries/fractures, that the third day is always the worst.
Wishing you a brighter day tomorrow.
 
Keep that ice on! Just got mine back on!

Remember...you have a LOT of people cheering you on!
 
@gialynn I hope you're getting more comfortable. Getting home the day after surgery is pretty overwhelming. I did it too. I'm fortunate I don't have nausea, just heartburn when I elevate. I've been religious about the ice and it has helped.
 
I wish i could get just some relief pain meds not working these support hose not comfortable!

You're not quite a week post-op yet. I recall those first two weeks being ... darn. Hang on. You'll be over this hump soon!
 
Ask your OS or family doctor for anti-nausea medication. Many people have this problem with the heavier pain meds. Hope things are easing for you!
 
All i want is one day from pain relief just a little relief! Im so tired of being in constant pain!
 
So glad that you are doing well @gialyn I've never been on a forum and don't use a computer except for work and emailing so I'm learning this as I sit and rest this hip of mine tonight. I am sure glad that I found you all about a week ago
 
All i want is one day from pain relief just a little relief! Im so tired of being in constant pain!
Please call your surgeon or your family doctor. Post op pain can be controlled but it sometimes takes a bit of tweaking to get your own "cocktail" just right. Are you also icing and elevating?
 
@gialynn
Hope you get through to someone today who can begin to tweak your pain meds. It is not fun and not right that you should be in this position. Good luck.

@TnGal61
It's great that you are starting on a forum. It feels a bit confusing at first but you will get familiar with it. Why not start a post and tell us what you will be or have had done?

"To start a new thread there is a button at the top and bottom right hand side of the page like this :

[Bonesmart.org] It's done!


Hope it makes sense
 
@TnGal61
So glad that you are doing well @gialyn I've never been on a forum and don't use a computer except for work and emailing so I'm learning this as I sit and rest this hip of mine tonight. I am sure glad that I found you all about a week ago

Ignore my above suggestion about starting a thread. Have just seen your new thread.. Hope you are doing well.
 
@gialynn Hope you have your pain situation sorted out. My OS told me that they couldn't do away with all pain. The first two weeks were the most painful for me but believe me there will come a day when you "turn a corner" and the pain is hardly there. Honest! Hang in there and vent away! So many nice people on here to help you through.
 
Thanks everyone for all the support! 1 week post op today! Noticing more swelling and black and blue! i was told I took to many pain meds before surgery so I built up a tolerance for them! OS nurse said they couldn't give me anything stronger. Had to take them before surgery because I was working a week up till surgery!
 
@gialynn I hope you have the pain under control now, keep the ice going and good luck on a continued steady recovery


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Noticing more swelling and black and blue!
Totally normal at this point. I got some vivid green and purple bruising as well. Ice is your friend and it will also help address your post op pain.
 
Is anyone having problems with pain meds not working! My OS wont give me anything else and they always ask me what is your pain on a level of 1-10 mine is def a 10 just wondering if anyone else was having problems? Thanks for everyones support!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom