Guest viewing is limited

THR It’s done!

Oh that is a brilliant idea thanks
 
However you start your tapering off of meds, make just one tweak at a time and give it at least a day to see how your body reacts. You want to continue staying ahead of the pain. With a small tweak that doesn't go well, it is easy to go back to what did work. But if you make too many tweaks too rapidly, it will take several days to get stabilized again. So pick just one of your med times to take one instead of two. OR pick just one of your med times to stretch it out an extra hour. Add in just one new tweak each day as long as it goes well. In two weeks you'll have made 14 tweaks! And you'll be at a whole new stage of healing.

Of course you'll also be at a whole new stage of activity level as each week goes by. The secret is to add activity at a slow steady pace as well. Add just a few minutes longer of walking throughout the day rather than suddenly decide to try a whole mile at once just because you're feeling so good. Each day, add just a little more, more often, and again...give yourself at least a day to see how your body reacts.

Be the tortoise; not the hare. You really will get where you're going. :) :-) (:
 
Ok I want a serving tray for my walker!!!
I’m perfectly capable of making a cup of coffee but I can’t get it the 10ft to my chair :shrug:
So my options are to put it in a sippycup (uhhhh) or ask for help and that is so - yesterday
:rotfl:
 
I had mine in a 'sippy' cup of sorts. One of those travel mugs that keep it much too hot and you cant get the lid back off without scalding yourself:groan:
Not sure how smoothly I could've carried it on a tray on the walker though.:scratch:
Hope you are doing well.:)
 
Bless your heart! Hang in there...(7 weeks to me felt soo much better almost "normal").

Your posts reminded me of all the little things I'm soooo glad to be over...and YOU WILL TOO!!
For now, kick back, relax, enjoy layin' around!
 
Today I’m a week after surgery and doing well. Getting into bed is getting easier and I’m motoring around the house quite nicely. Pain is under control and I started to stretch the time between pills.
The incision looks dry and clean and I can’t wait for the staples to come out in 2 weeks. They are still very tight especially at the top and they bite when I sit down :)
I’m going to increase my walking distance every day a little and put my Fitbit back on (it had given up on me after a week of nothing)
So far - so good
 
Hi :hi:
Happy One Week Anniversary!
Sounds like you're doing well. May it only get better.
I hope you have a great day and end to the week :)
@Sabine
 
Note to self: don’t get cocky just because you haven’t screamed out foul language in about 24 hours. :censored:

I tried to reach something in the top cupboard in the kitchen and was leaning forward against the walker, that slipped out from underneath me and I ended up flinging myself against the counter. I got more of a freight then I was hurt but that sure is a nice reminder that things are not back to normal yet.
 
Glad you're okay.
Sometimes those near accidents prove beneficial as they cause us to slow down, or move more carefully.
So scary when incidents like that happen. I know I had a few, myself.
Wishing you a peaceful and safe night. :wink:
@Sabine
 
:wave:Yes...those near misses can be scary!
I’m going to increase my walking distance every day a little and put my Fitbit back on
Be careful with that thing! I had to take mine off to keep myself from overdoing.
Triple digits is good for now:heehee:
All in all, you sound great.
Hope you have a restful weekend!:ice:
 
I will echo what mojo says take things easy and do things slowly, glad to hear you are ok and din't hurt yourself.

Billy
 
Thanks everyone for the great thoughts, I will keep you posted
 
How quickly did you guys get your staples removed after surgery? I have an appointment next Tuesday and wonder if that is also when they come out
 
How quickly did you guys get your staples removed after surgery?
It is usually 10-14 days post op. Here in the UK we have the nurse at our GP do this. The timing of your appointment sounds about right for removal.
 
Just had my first walk outside, said hello to my chickens and checked in on my new blueberry field. With crutches and super slow but its a glorious day here (i'm in a tank and shorts in November :bow:)
No I can be content in the recliner again for a little while longer.
 
So glad you had a good day.
Love being in shorts and tank in November...I was too.
Some good old Vitamin D and fresh air is good for the soul.
On the other hand, I loved my recliner too!
 
Glad you got out and enjoyed some warm November weather, in summer clothes! :happydance:
Hope it stays nice over the weekend for you.
Yay for progress! :yay: May it only get better :SUNsmile:
@Sabine
 
@Sabine
I had one of the pillows you have shown but without the straps. I did find it useful but not as good as the body pillow. I bought a cheap one on eBay in the UK. the smaller pillow you have Is also a good neck rest for when reading in bed :-)
 
When / how do you know when it is the right time to switch from 2 crutches or the walker to one crutch?
 
There is no set time for transitioning. Try using one crutch (opposite side to the op) around your home and see if you feel secure with it. Still early days for you so don't feel and pressure to do this.
 
Back
Top Bottom