Guest viewing is limited

Is This Normal???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mary Jo,

I just wondered if you were feeling any better after some days of rest? I hope so and that you were just experiencing some "regular" soreness that was related to the additional time on the elliptical machine.

I've dealt with groin pain since my surgery and have learned over time that it is my adductor muscles that are the source. My area of soreness is where all those muscles come together right at that central point of the pelvis in the box of this graphic.



I also used to use the elliptical as part of my workout prior to surgery and did go back to it for a short time in the early months after surgery. One of the stretches that I do now for my adductors is using the foam roller like this person & rolling it right into that point of my groin all along the inside of my thigh (and remember to breath as it can be pretty achey...).

[Bonesmart.org] Is This Normal???


Well, I hope that you are feeling better and back to your routine. :wink1:
Take care,
Cardie
 
Welcome Mary Jo, and good luck with your OS appointment on 27 June, keep us updated :)
 
I visited my surgeon today and, as promised, I am getting back to you with an update. He had several x-rays done and then spent quite a bit of time with me reviewing the x-rays and discussing my problem. He compared the x-rays to the original ones done at the time of the implant. All remains in place and he pointed out that my tissue is growing around/into the implant as it should be. The fact that I have pain and discomfort in my quad does occur but is rare, 2 in every 10 cases. He was glad I came in to see him. I have not damaged my implant and he said for me to continue with my workouts but alternate cardio routine from walking on treadmill, jogging on treadmill, jumping rope, step ups on the bosu, etc. He also said that it was ok for me to continue with my leg presses at 60 lbs. and quad exercises. If I am not better in another year or if the condition gets worse I am to schedule an appointment with him. He felt that it could just be taking a little longer for me to adapt to the implant. That's all the news for now. Thanks again for all your support.
 
Hi MaryJo,

This sounds like a great update, you must be feeling quite a big sense of relief!!

I hope all goes well for you upon your return to your exercise routine :)

Take care,
Cardie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom