Guest viewing is limited

TKR Is this as good as it gets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I think you are doing better than you think! I'm 7 1/2 past medial compartment RPKR and I can't do all of those things! I really went thru major depression 3 1/2 years ago with double mastectomy/reconstruction. Had some with this but know things will get better with time. Bit of a setback with pain this week but thank God I know this too will pass. Same with you!
 
@Baby billy, You did just fine. I am at 6 months and because of the RA, I still have to take pain medication and I am on extended release Nucenta. My knee is still sore though there have been a few days at the 5 month point where I have actually forgotten that I had a TKR and have not felt anything. Still when the weather is damp, the knee is stiffer and does hurt and for the last couple of nights I have had to ice. I just figure it is what it is and at least I can make it in on most days. Hope you are getting much more needed rest and are feeling better each day. My best to you.:console2:
 
Oh my goodness I have had a major set back!! On Mother's Day I went out to eat with family and my foot slipped off the running board of the truck I fell out of the truck felt a snap and the most excruciating pain if my life!! After all night in ER they sent me home with knee immobilized (2 hour trip one way) then had to go back to surgeon and spent all day get painful imaging and such I have partial tear of one tendon by the knee and tearing of quad muscle with hematoma. Won't require surgery but I can't bend my leg or lift it on my own I also can't bear weight on it. I have no idea how this is going to hinder my recovery. I'm so upset I had finally begun to do well. My healing overall is slow right now with my RA bruises are being slow to heal and I also still have a nasty looking scab that has been a sore on the incision site since the beginning the dr is a bit concerned that it's not healing quickly and still a bit raw he made a note to keep an eye on that
 
Oh I am so sorry to hear this! I am a praying person and will definitely say a prayer for you tonight. You're the second person that I have seen posted today about an accident or a slip. It is a warning to all of us to always remain cautious. I'm so sorry this happened…


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Baby billy

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. What awful bad luck! :console2:

It's going to be a bit of a set back, but I'm sure all is not lost. It may take you a bit longer, but you'll still get there in the end.

For now, rest up and be sure to take your pain medications. Keep wriggling your toes and doing ankle pumps.

Did you see your own surgeon? If not, do let him know what has happened.
 
Yes I did see my surgeon today. This has just been horrid. thank you tamsmom for prayer. I can always use that. And thank you celle for your well wished also
 
@Baby billy This sounds just awful. I am glad there wasn't more damage to uour knee. Please take extra good care of yourself. I will pray also.
 
So sorry to hear about your fall. I will also keep you in my prayers. Please let us know how you are doing!
 
:console2: Sorry to hear about your accident.
 
Did you get into the doctor today?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I really don't know what I'm going to do. My left knee hurts SO bad!! And if I thought it was hard on that one recovering from replacement on the right, this us off the charts hard. I can't bear weight on my injured right leg at all my left knee is so bad I can hardly get out of my chair to use the porta potty. any ideas how to manage this? I guess I'm prob doing all I can really do but I'm so tired and with the RA my upper body is having trouble with crutches the little bit that I've tried. I feel so defeated and have read that these injuries can take up to 3 months to heal! Has anyone else had a quad injury or tendon after your surgery?
 
I have not experienced this so can not suggest anything. Did your surgeon suggest anything to help? If not maybe your rheumatologist can help with the pain part. It has to be worse having RA. I will keep you in my prayers and hope someone can offer you better advice.
 
Wish I could offer you more than prayer and best wishes, but I have no answer. I do have faith that even if it takes you a little longer to recover, you will recover! Take it each day at a time...or even each hour at a time. There will be light at the end. :prayer::console2:
 
Baby Billy. I'm so sad to hear of your news. I think that none of us here are qualified to even start suggesting possible courses of action other than:
1) trust your doctors or get new ones.
2) follow what they say.
3) don't be afraid to tell them everything!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I can see that crutches would be hard on your hands & wrists. Would a walker work at all?
 
I'm so sorry you're going through this. It WILL get better, even if it takes a little longer. We are all pulling for you.
 
So sorry to hear of your fall. Obviously, you need to heal from that first before you're going to be able to do a lot of exercising with your knee. It's going to require some patience on your part. I know that is frustrating but just try to take things one day at a time right now.

I'm going to tag @Josephine again so she can check in on you. She'll be able to offer some comments on both your PKR and the problems related to your fall. Hang in there, hon.......we'll be here to support you!
 
I have partial tear of one tendon by the knee and tearing of quad muscle with hematoma. Won't require surgery but I can't bend my leg or lift it on my own I also can't bear weight on it. I have no idea how this is going to hinder my recovery.
Don't worry about your TKR right now. That's on a back burner.
I really don't know what I'm going to do. My left knee hurts SO bad!!
Well what are you doing for it? Pain meds, icing, elevating?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom