Guest viewing is limited

Is it unrealistic to hope to walk 4 blocks a few weeks after surgery?

Thank you @gaulsuerou ! I couldn't sleep last night, so I actually ended up reading your post-op thread from start to finish again.

Doubt my recovery will be half as miraculous as yours, but it was still encouraging!
 
You will do well, put yourself in their hands, I'm telling you the worst part of my whole situation was the presurgery jitters


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good Morning,
I hope you got a little sleep....

While we may not be with you in person there is a lot of love coming your way today from near and far.
It's coming in the form of thoughts, well wishes and prayers for your peace of mind and comfort.
We're here......we'll be here......you're not alone.

I hope that your nursing staff is kind, loving and supportive and make you feel at ease. I hope that time moves quickly enough that you don't dwell on any one thing. And lastly....I hope that if Dr Cowboy uses an adhesive, it's cement and not his chewing gum!
Sorry...we need a smidge of humor, right?

The worst part is almost over, you're heading to the finish line......you've got this.....you're going to do just fine!

We'll be waiting to hear from you.

Sending lots of love and a warm hug....
@Lerwick8
 
Thinking about you. Hope you are still in LA-LA land. A little startling but will get better so soon. Warm healing wishes!:fingersx:
 
Hi @Lerwick8
I'm so happy for you that the wait and worry part is over.
Now it's onto recovery. I know you'll do just fine.
Excited to hear from you.....your experience and feelings about all once you'rve settled in at home.
Hoping you feel relieved and that your pain is well controlled.
Wishing you a good day!
 
Sending you healing thoughts and prayers, @Lerwick8 . Your surgery is now behind you and you are on your way to recovery. These first few days are the hardest but starting right now, each day will bring little improvements. Sometimes they are hard to see but at the end of the week if you look back, you will see how far you have come. It is all pretty amazing. We are all right here with you! :flwrysmile:
 
Just stopping by to say, Hi!
Thinking of you...if you're checking your phone.
Hope you're getting all you need, that you're pain is being managed well and that you're comfortable.
You'll be "home sweet home" before you know it...
Hugs!
@Lerwick8
 
Just stopping by as well to say hey hope you're doing fine in the hospital and they're taking good care of you, post when you can, It gets so much better from here...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I had anterior right hip in Feb 2014. Had in home therapy and by day 10 I was standing on my op leg balanced. Therapist said that was the earliest he had seen anyone do that. At about 3 weeks out we had an ice storm and after thawing a few days I was out in the yard working helping pick up the yard. Don't overdo too early and when you do walk, ice a lot once you get home. You will find ice to be your new best friend. I am having my second hip Sept 12. Best of luck!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom