Guest viewing is limited

Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is amazing, Deb, and welcome to bonesmart. I have never heard of such a quick turnaround, congrats on your success.

Best wishes on your continued good health, Kimberly
 
Deb,
All I can say is Wow. You are completely back to a normal life faster??
That is truly great!!!
 
Hey Kimberly just checking in i hope you are doing well................) so glad you joined bonesmart......)
 
Good Morning, I am back to a normal life pretty quickly, OS and PT says I am amazing ... has been 7 weeks today, my ROM is 130. I am pretty much back to regular life. Very little pain any more, I still however get tired after working all day ... My job allows me to have the benefit of working from home very easily ( although my boss prefers I am at the office ) I went back to work ( from home after 2 days off ) and I went back to my office after 3 weeks .. I still have some trouble with sleeping .. but that is getting better all the time. I see the OS next Thursday to set the date for the right knee, yet this year.. will be doing the same TKR outpatient procedure. :wink: SO glad I found this site, you all are so helpful ! Looking forward to keeping up with all of you ... deb
 
Good for you, Deb! It's so true that everyone heals differently. You have quite a success story. I hope your other knee goes just as well.
 
I went back to my office after 3 weeks
Ah - so you weren't back walking round the office as per usual the very next day! That was what had me :shk: !!

Anyway - welcome to BoneSmart - it's nice to have someone from India. And I am in awe of your recovery. Did you have a partial or a total?
 
Anyway - welcome to BoneSmart - it's nice to have someone from India. And I am in awe of your recovery. Did you have a partial or a total?

Ummm....I'm confused, Jo. India???
 
Wow. That is incredible.

So did you have to take your own BP, temperature, check for swelling, change your bandage, take out your drain/s, draw blood, check urine output? Just trying to figure out why I stayed for 3 days and paid my money for someone else to do this stuff!?!

I guess I can see this as being par for future TKR's.
 
I had total knee replacement, no drains, I did have to change the bandage daily , check for excess drainage. Did not do BP checks, or urine output. I was up walking with 2 hours after surgery with the PT and again the next am before I left to go home. Began exercises immediately.
GA was used for approx 2 hours surgery. The surgery center was amazing. because I stayed 20ish hours I basically had my very own nursing staff in the evening. Of course not looking forward to going thru another surgery soon, but at least I know what to expect. MY OS will not do the outpatient surgery on all of his patients, only a select few. Guess I was one of the lucky ones..
After 2 days I was working via laptop from home... (Have job will travel, technology and the internet !! ) Can't keep a good girl down ! lol
and from INDIANA .. Will keep everyone posted on the upcoming date for the 2nd TKR .. and certainly hope it goes as well also... thanks for the welcome deb
 
Wow Deb, that is pretty amzing stuff. How was your pain level? What pain med did you go home on? I'm having My RTKR tomorrow, they are using a spinal anesthesia and leaving the catheter in for 24 hours of pain med directly into the spine. I actually am weird in that I want to stay in the hospital, so I can get good pain management. LOL
 
Pain was very tolerated really well.. DR. sent me home with oxycodine 5 mg. but within 2 weeks I was basically off the pain kilers except at night to help sleep.. Good luck with your surgery will be thinking about you today talk with you in the next few weeks as you recover !!! deb
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom