Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pus came out Monday night but it got worse Tuesday and Wednesday....think 1 days worth of antibiotics has helped now Josephine
 
So glad that you are feeling better...you had us all worried about you. You are a trouper going into work. Hoping the next few days on antibiotics will be even better....yes...your nails looked great.....lovely colour..red is my favourite and soo this time of year.....keep us all updated on your progress.....take good care...Cheers Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hi Sally Vetgirl .. How are you going ?

What day do you see the surgeon next week ?

Do keep me updated :)
 
Hi Poppet
Thanks for checking in with me. I'm off again to the GP today...for blood results and another check up. See surgeon next week.

I've been quite under the weather but feel today after 48 hrs of the mega dose antibiotics I might be on the mend.

Still have a low grade fever but the leg is not so painful......can't believe you can feel so poorly from a stitch abcess/infection!!!!!

I'll keep in touch.....you have all been wonderful!!!!
 
I am glad you are feeling better Vetgirl. Do they have any ideas as to why a stitch would get so infected? I have to say you are handling it well.
 
Well actually calikat Josephine and Poppet I'm actually not that better!!! When the dr quizzed me I still feel like !?$&. Headaches, sore back, tired and I still have a temp and wound looks the same. Bloods back and I'm definitely fighting an infection....CRP markers at 133 which is really high.

Anyway rang surgeon and am on another stronger antibiotic. I have to go back tomorrow and I even have the surgeons mobile no is case I go downhill

No work or Christmas party for me!!!!

I feel like they are both onto it and I suppose next step is IV antibiotics

Hopefully this will work.....thanks for all your support
 
Oh Sally. I am so upset for you. Please keep us posted as to what is happening.
 
Oh dear! Not good news. I'm so sorry - this is not the Christmas present you wanted.
 
Stick with us Sally Vetgirl we are here for you to support you through this challenge :)
 
Thanks everyone Josephine Poppet calikat

Dr thinks I'm slightly better so I'm to continue on these antibiotics and check in on Monday. Wound feels better.

Thanks for your support!!!!

Have a great weekend
 
Hi Sally Vetgirl

Did you see your GP this morning?

What day are you seeing your surgeon next week?
 
Yes...he is happy that it hasn't got worse Poppet and I him again on Monday and surgeon on Wednesday

Thanks for keeping an eye on me!!!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond
Glad to hear that it is improving and that you're feeling better about the overall situation. Know these things can be scary without the right info.

Take care, Vetgirl, and keep us posted. We care.
 
Sally! Sending you lots of love and good thoughts. I am relieved that your doctor thinks you are getting better. I will be thinking of you.

Kat
 
Hi Sally, I've been thinking about you today. Did you see the doctor today? I hope things are improving with the antibiotics. I hope you are staying home and resting!!!

Lisa
 
^^^^^Yes Sally. Let us know what is going on. I thought about you all weekend. <3
 
Sally,

How are you doing? We are worried when we don't hear from someone for several days! :console2:
 
Vetgirl So sorry to hear about your infection. Are you feeling better now? What did your doc say today?

You are in my thoughts and prayers for healing.

Peace and love to you.
 
Vetgirl Keep popping by to see your latest news Sally........been thinking of you and hoping for the best outcome for you....take care. ..Chrissie xxxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom