Imminent THR and having thoughts of cancelling

Hi this all sounds so familiar. One day l was ok the next injuredso bad l now have a troubleputting sdocks on my right foot, tying my right lace even cutting my toe nails !
Sex a distant memory lol (seriously my right hip is very un accommodating)
But mainly it's tbe little things , hauling myself up stairs, the pain in my back after walking or standing.

It won't heal despite the supplements, healthy diet, extra protein, insoles, gym and myraid of things l've tried to heal myself.

I'm sat in mild pain, just surviving doing the absolute essential. I'm chronically inflammed and it affects my eyes. I limit what l eat because l'm scared l will make it worse. It's so depressing l 'm willing to put myself fully in the hands of my surgeon.
I hope you conqueor you anxiety.
All the best x
 
Hi @Lady Bear
I do hope all is leveling out after these first jarring days.
Would love to hear from you and am sending healing hugs your way.:roseshwr:
 
Hi all. Having a bad time of it. Will post in post op forum if i can find it! Brain isn't working properly..on so many meds. Only came out of hospital last night. First time I've been back on the forum.
Thanks everyone for your continuing support ❤️
 
Hi @Lady Bear. Don’t know if you’ve posted in the recovery forum yet, but I wanted to say I’m thinking of you. I just had my LTHR today and in a lot of pain. I think this is all normal until they get the meds right. Hang in there and try to focus on the future when the pain is a distant memory.
 
@LAbabymama
Wow! You've had the op and posting already!! Thanks for the message.
Wishing you all the best and hope they sort your pain meds out soon
 
Each day gets better & better... the first week is a little uncomfortable but once you can walk about more & stretch those muscles it really helps...
Sending healing vibes to you both [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hi All,
It's been a mixed day for me. Great day at work, felt like my old self, managed 7.2 k steps in short bursts over 7 hours. Not a boast but felt exhilarated because the pain is under control at the moment and l thought this time next week l will have my date so go for it!
Got home to find a letter from the hospital regarding as pre procedure appointment for the June 4th !
I already had a letter for my pre Op appointment that was cancelled from April 16th to May 7th. So phoned the hospital to check ( pre procedure and pre op are the same thing and the new cancellation letter is generated after new appointment letter ?)
So my newly named pre procedure has been pushed back another month
I don't know if it's lack of sleep due to night discomfort or what but it's all starting to feel unreal. Just when l get my head around it, it changes!
So it's back to go slow and pacing myself again. I know there will be light at the end of the tunnel but l feel frustrated because l feel my back is deteriorating now and that is where the pain has settled recently.
Could honestly scream
So hard to explain to people who arent in this position.
Anyway vent over. Onwards ...
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom