THR I'm Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cynthia777
Hi, my friend. It's so good to talk to you again! I've let myself get right back into doing too much for my kids. I had said that I'd slow down but I get caught up taking care of them. I know you were doing so great with walking around the pool. It's frustrating, isn't it? I think I'm afraid that I'm looking for an excuse to not exercise. But I think I'll wait until after the surgery. I have gotten on a healthy food plan so hopefully I'll lose weight before my next surgery. I'll let you know when they give me a date. I hope yours can be soon. The sooner we have it, the more chance to swim this summer. Is the wbc issue common? Easy to resolve? Hugs to you!!
 
@Krista
Hi Krista, thanks so much for the support. I do think I'll stop the pool exercise until my next surgery. The first surgery was much easier than I expected and I hope the next is the same. I see you're having surgery in May. How're you feeling?
 
Please do let me know when you have your date. I'll be standing by. The high WBC count can be due to several things, but hopefully it's because I had bronchitis and a sinus infection last week. Hopefully the antibiotics I've been on will have remedied the problem so I can move forward with my surgery next Tuesday. I'll not know the test results until Friday. Yikes! Good chatting with you again! Hugs!!!
 
@Cynthia777
Reading your post made me think of Roseanne Roseannadanna. "It's always something!" It does sound like the wbc will be down with the antibiotics. I'll let you know as soon as I have a date and vice versa please!
 
@sandyx7, thanks for asking! I'm hanging in, living in limbo. I've had a bad limp and pain in my surgical hip/thigh ever since THR last July. Must always use walking aids. I am getting very tired of this and am eagerly looking forward to May 9. My head is buzzing with prep for the op to make sure the house is as ready as possible for me to be out of commission for awhile, and so it will be perfectly set-up for me when I am restricted to toe-touch on the surgical side for 6 weeks. I kind of feel like I am in the nesting period before having a baby. I've been decluttering things I haven't gotten to in years, am organizing all our files and filing away all papers, and on Friday I plan to go through a giant, very untidy, pile of recipes. The pile has been growing so long that lots of the newsprint with recipes are falling apart with old age!
 
That's me @sandyx7! :heehee:

@Krista
Bless your heart! You are always in my prayers. Your paperwork "piles" sound like we live in the same house! I let hubby take over all the bill paying and filing (which he hasn't done) for the past year! I'm finding piles of paperwork (some handled and others not) hidden everywhere. It's so overwhelming that I can't even get started organizing it. Yikes! :yikes:
 
@Cynthia777, oh no, I guess some people just don't have the organization gene. Good luck locating and taming all the piles! I have never handed paperwork over to my hubby, and now, while I am retired and he is not, it wouldn't be fair if I did! All will be in great shape by the time I go "under the knife." Gulp.
 
Hi everyone, I've been away for a few months. Lots going on with my family, I've been overwhelmed. I've got to learn how to take better care of myself.
I had my right THR on June 21,16. I had the left done 2/25. It's been an easy recovery, I think maybe because my left his(that had the THR was able to support me during this recovery. It's 2 weeks today and I've been doing well until I stumbled during the night. I stubbed my toe in front of the toilet and lurched forward and grabbed a metal shelf to hold me. It can't have been more than 6 or so inches that I went forward. I guess I dipped a bit because I had immediate awful pain. After I sat down on the toilet and calmed myself, the pain began getting better. So that was about 12 hrs ago and it's better than it was and I can walk and put weight on it. But I still feel some pain. I just laid down now in my chair with my legs elevated and it hurts, about a 3. I took a Percocet this morning but I don't want to take anymore. I called my surgeons office and the nurse there didn't think it was dislocated because I'm able to put weight on it. But she'll have the PA call me back. Has anyone have a similar experience?
 
@Cynthia777

Hi Cynthia,
I see you just had your other THR also. How're you doing? Are you home and feeling well? I've thought of you often:)
 
@sandyx7 I doubt you did any damage to your hip but I do remember having a jolt (almost falling) just post LTHR and I experienced the same nagging pain. Rest, ice and elevate. Take meds if you need them. Just let things settle.
 
Hi @sandyx7, I've missed you buddy! :console2:
Gosh darn, I'm so sorry to hear you're having pain, but I'm happy your OS's office and Jaycey think you're okay. Please let us know how you're coming along. Sending prayers for you girlfriend!

I'm doing very well, thank you! My second THR was a bit more difficult during recovery, but nothing I couldn't manage well. Big hugs!
 
@Cynthia777
@Jaycey
Hello friends:),
It's so nice to hear from you. Cynthia, I'm glad your 2nd THR is also history and I hope you're feeling well. I had my left THR on 2/25 and my right THR on 6/21. I've actually had an easier recover this time, I think it's because my left hip now feels so strong. This week,though has not been fun. First there was the almost fall. It hurt so much for about a day and I was really afraid I had dislocated the hip. Thankfully I didn't.and thank you so much, Jaycey for the additional support. I did start taking Percocet, 1 every night since I hurt myself after having stopped a few days before. I should have started taking my senna again that the dr. gave me. So today I wasn't feeling well and it's gotten steadily worse. Abdominal pains, headache, achy all over. So I started drinking water again and I took milk of magnesia. I'm a little better because I got to the bathroom a bit,but so mad at myself that I stopped taking care of me. I hope tomorrow is easier:).
Feel good and Hugs!!
 
but so mad at myself that I stopped taking care of me
It's all a bit of a roller coaster. But indeed you need to take care of yourself. Stop and take a deep breath once in awhile. We are always here for you!
 
I'm really relieved that you didn't dislocate! That would have been a nightmare! Out of curiosity, what is the senna used for?
 
Hi everyone,
I'm six weeks out from my 2nd THR, my right hip and I was feeling super until yesterday. I've read about PT issues on here but my dr. urged me to do pt so I've been going twice a week for about a month. At first it was fine but last week they added a few things. Last week after doing the "step up", my right knee began to hurt off and on for a few days. So I told them no more stepping for me.
Yesterday I did the balanceboard/wobbleboard and I did the sideways step back and forth for about four times. A few hours later my left knee really began hurting and it's still hurting the next day every time I bend it and when I walk. I'm limping like when I first had surgery. I'm so frustrated. I think I'm quitting pt. I want to join a health center near me that has a therapy pool with classes.
Any thoughts
 
HI @sandyx7!
Good to see you, but I'm sorry you're having issues with your knee. Unfortunately your story is all too familiar here on BS. You definitely need to put a hold on PT and start icing and resting again. Some PT's end up being way too aggressive and their patients end up paying for it with all sorts of pain problems. I also had a referral for PT, but after reading about so many members ending up with problems, I decided to wait and see how my recovery went without it (figuring I could always go later if I wasn't progressing well) and I'm happy to say, so far so good. I went to PT pre-op and I remember doing that balance board and it really created havoc with my hip, so I quit PT. Hopefully with a little rest and lots of icing, you'll bounce back quickly. I'll be praying for you Sandy. Hugs!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom