Ice Machine and Exercises Prior to Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have easy access to change out the ice packs then I would just use those. I bought my ice machine for my second surgery because I knew that it would be a little bit harder for me to get to them then having my ice machine that could run all night long on one fill.
 
For those of you that have purchased a used one from Ebay, were you concerned at all about it being previously used and what did you do to sanitize it so that you had no worries about infection?
 
Patticakes... the stronger you can get your quads the better. I did heel slides ,therapist said pre surgery concentrate on flex not extension. I also did knee push downs and leg raises it will also help to do daily stretches of your ham strings. I used my ice packs prior to surgery as I found lots of pain relief with them. In my opinion ice is as good and sometimes better for pain than a pain pill.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom