iCanDoThis
new member
- Joined
- Aug 25, 2019
- Messages
- 18
- Age
- 59
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
I’m a week out from surgery now.
Pain is managed well and I’m still icing around the clock.
(I’m currently taking one Percocet every 6 hours plus Ibuprofen but the first 3-4 days I took the Percocet two every 6 hours.). My worst discomfort is muscular (calf & quad). The quad is better each day but it seems the calf loosens up when I walk and stretch a bit but is super tight again next time I stand. If I walk a lot, I feel the deep bone ache later in the day. My first PT visit is tomorrow morning and I’ll report on that afterwards. I’m so grateful for this group. Reading all of your recovery stories is really helpful!
Pain is managed well and I’m still icing around the clock.
(I’m currently taking one Percocet every 6 hours plus Ibuprofen but the first 3-4 days I took the Percocet two every 6 hours.). My worst discomfort is muscular (calf & quad). The quad is better each day but it seems the calf loosens up when I walk and stretch a bit but is super tight again next time I stand. If I walk a lot, I feel the deep bone ache later in the day. My first PT visit is tomorrow morning and I’ll report on that afterwards. I’m so grateful for this group. Reading all of your recovery stories is really helpful!
I’ve had two visits and will have three next week. I can pedal the bike (no resistance) and the hands-on work hasn’t been too painful. I was achy and didn’t sleep well the night after visit 1 but fine after visit 2. Today is Saturday and I feel so lucky and grateful. Modern medicine really is amazing and I’m glad I didn’t wait to have my TKR! I’m still stiff and somewhat swollen but I know what I’m experiencing is normal. I’m doing the prescribed exercises at home and I am not overdoing it when I feel good. 
Boy oh boy is my patella aching tonight! Keeps waking me up. I haven’t had this bad of a night in a while so this is throwing me for a loop! Ice