TKR I started back to work then - oops!

I’m scheduled to return on 12/12, which will be exactly 12 weeks for me. I see the doctor next week for a postop check. I’m not sure about going back full time. There are only 8 days before Christmas break ( I work in the school). I’m just waiting to see this next week.
I’m still using a cane about 75% of the time.
The pain is better but controlled with Tramadal and Tylenol every 6 hours. I sometimes use Advil in between which helps. Getting out a little more but not for very long. Doing a little
more at home but break things up. I have had
pain behind my knee as well, more these last few weeks. I’m anxious about asking for 1/2 day even for those 8 days. Just waiting to talk with doctor and get a note from him.
 
Hi everyone hope you are a 'll well.

Well I have now given up my job because I tried to go back and my knee was still not right. I am having my right knee replaced on February 19th.

I will take my time to get this one better,then look for a new job.

I hope you are all getting on well.
Best wishes

Jane xx
 
I'm sorry you had to give up your job, Jane.
Would work not accommodate you with some half days? Or a certificate from your surgeon, saying you needed a bit more time?

I hope that you find a more understanding employer after your second knee replacement.
 
That’s too bad, Jane. Going back part time worked for me, but not all employers are able to be as flexible. I did worry a lot my job while I was recovering, so you won’t have that to fret about. How’s your TKR doing?
 
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. As you can see from my posts I had my knee replacement on the 19th September 2017. I would like to say that I am still in a lot of pain. When I move in certain positions i sometimes call out in pain. Also I am still waking up at night. Do any of you have the same probles,or is it just me?

Many thanks.
Jane x
 
It was a full 3 months before I slept well. I was still very conscious of my knee and moving it while in bed. Are you in a lot of pain only while sleeping/in bed?
 
Last edited:
Sleeping well is a problem for just every tkr patient. It is so aggravating! But, sleeping will get better as your healing continues. I took lots of naps until my night time sleep got better. You heal more while you're sleeping, so catch it when you can!
 
Yes, mine was 9/17. I am still having pain as well. It’s pretty much there all the time at some level. Still using Tramadal at least once a day with 2 tylenol and filling in with Tylenol and Advil during the day. I’m giving myself the 6 month marker to hopefully notice a real, lasting change. About to go back to work next week full time, will see!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom