THR I seem like a stranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad to hear your DR is on your side and has given you something for it. Hopefully, it won't take long for the medicine to take effect, so you can start feeling better. I'll be thinking about you @Fighting Fear.
 
@Fighting Fear, yaay for a doctor who listens and is sympathetic! Good for you for letting those tears out! That is very important. When you feel like crying or raging or just talking out loud to yourself: do it.
I hope the Cymbalta helps and that you find yourself feeling more positive day by day.
I'm so happy you reached out for help. A lot of people suffer in silence. That you could say to yourself, "I need help" and then act on it is huge. You should feel proud of that.
Take care and please let us know how you're doing. :flwrysmile:
 
I'm so glad your doctor has listened, is getting more testing done, and has given you something to help get your brain chemicals back into balance! you are doing great and the medication should start really helping. One thing about taking medications for mental disorders - some people might be critical and say "just get over it," "Pull up your bootstraps," and other misinformed ****. My viewpoint is that someone with insulin dependent Diabetes cannot have balance by themselves, or just with diet - they NEED medication to help them. It's the same with mental disorders; therapy alone isn't helpful for many people - they NEED medication, too, in order to attain balance. I've been taking anti depressants for many years and I'll probably be taking them for the rest of my life. All a part in keeping the balance for me.

Just hang in there and know that better days are ahead. GO, girl!
 
So glad your dr. Visit went well. Hopefully the medication and blood work will get you back on track!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Fighting Fear Hope things are looking up. Just wanted to let you know I am in my 11 week and I seem to feel a little better. Went on my first real car trip getting snow tires on, meeting friend for lunch and grocery shopping. Wasn't easy kinda stressful but I did it. I did take a little fan as when I got home, did some neck stretches and breathing to relax but the point is, I did it....you will too:yahoo:
 
Thanks Laceylake. Sounds like a busy day. I am really glad to know you are getting stronger physically and emotionally. I am still struggling, but going to lunch with a friend tomorrow. I appreciate everyone's support and prayer. I thank God every time I think of all of you.
 
@Fighting Fear I have been checking back here and am very happy to see you posting again. I am so glad you saw your doctor and are now on medication. I sincerely hope things start to ease for you. Please keep in touch here. You are part of an international family here and we do understand what you are going through. Take care!
 
Hi Laceylake. My lunch was ok. I managed to chew and swallow. I think I am getting a little better. Hope you are also improving. I think you are heroic...snow tires, lunch, shopping. I have to go and try to find a used car tomorrow and can't sleep because I am terrified of making a wrong decision. I am trying so hard to do an imitation of normal. Thanks for thinking of me. <3
 
I can tell you didn't get any sleep last night! Posting at 3:30 am is a good sign that you are still not resting well at night and fretting about what the next day has in store for you. I would have hoped by now, your medication would have helped calm your nerves. But then I remembered when my husband was going through severe anxiety attacks, it did take a while for his body and mind to settle down. And it did take a little tweaking of his meds, as well. Please don't get discouraged. If you feel your medication is not quite right or not working, give your Dr a call. I'm sure she will be more than happy to make the necessary adjustments. And good luck on the car shopping trip today. I'm sure you will do just fine!
:hi:
 
I hope today is a better day for you. I'm sure you'll be taking a nap or two! Just hang in there and know that each day is a step ahead for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom