Guest viewing is limited

THR I made it!!

Saw the nurse practitioner yesterday, x-rays good, released to drive (I did drive the ranger Wednesday) can sleep on operated side, and throw away walker to cane. I did sleep on my operated side some last night, can use the cane well. About to do a grocery pickup! Yesterday was all day and did well and into the night. Was told I can do anti inflammatories now and the best tip was taking those in the day will eliminate any pain killers at night, it worked for last night.

My only problem is numbing on the outside of my calf. They said it should go away as it started from the thigh down. If not soon I could get a steroid pack. It doesn't affect my walking, so I will wait it out. They said this would be from lower back during surgery. Hmmmm.....
 
Hello and Happy Friday! :wave:
I’m not sure how extensive your numbness is, but give it time. The area around my incision was numb for, months! All the while slowly easing with the range of numbness shrinking. It seems you’re doing well at less than three weeks post op. Continue to take it slow and enjoy the weekend! :SUNsmile:
@Postalgal
 
@Layla It is about mid calf on the outside down to the ankle, maybe getting better? At times mostly evening it starts getting uncomfortable and then night can hurt keeping me awake. Then I pop a pain pill. May go another week and call the NP and get the steriods? She hesitated to give them to me at the visit, said because still healing? Walking with and without cane, so otherwise doing good.
 
Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope the the discomfort is easing and you’re able to enjoy some sound sleep.
Have a nice Wednesday and rest of the week. :)
@Postalgal
 
Well since the day I woke from post op. A nurse was testing my feet and on my operated leg the foot would not bend at the ankle all the way. I can raise my toes, but still not good on the ankle. I can walk heel toe, but apparently some nerve inflammation or damage or both. Burning pain on the top of the foot and shin area. Before it was my thigh down. It has gotten better. I thought during the ace bandage time, it was just swelling.

First appt. I told the assistant and she said well she didn't want to do steroids yet at 2 weeks. I couldn't stand the pain anymore at night and I just finished a package of steroids at 5 weeks post op. I hate to say it didn't work. So I don't give up. I am taking Aleve and that does help. A friend told me to try generic lyrica. I ended up taking a full hydrocodone last night just to sleep! So I will be calling hopefully avoiding a leg brace. I have looked up more exercises, but don't know if I can do those. So because not walking enough, some pain even in the hip, my diagnosis anyway. Most days it is good. They did do xrays and said it was ok. So here I go, another journey. Just would like the foot pain to stop. I see that it may have been stretched? I am in a low percentage group of this happening? Anyway, any help is much appreicated! I will look at other posts and see if anyone has this. Much love!
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope all is well and you’re enjoying the holidays. We’d love to hear from you as time allows. Wishing you all things good in the New Year!
@Postalgal
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom