Guest viewing is limited

THR I made it!!

Thank you @Mojo333 ! Yes, everything is different and scheduled around the new hip.

:dancy: @Elf1 I did a bunch of elevating last night and lots and lots of swelling went down! I tend to forget about me and with trying to catch the grands up on school, meal prep, laundry, (granddaughter is 14 and hubby helps with meals and laundry) Then to make sure they get done and my walk outside gets done too! All is good, we got this!

Hopefully today we will get out our fall decorations, still green here, but I am late on the decorations and figuring out how we will do treat or treating here at home, lots of fun ideas, an ongoing Halloween party this month!
 
Very glad to hear your swelling went down. Good reminder to keep icing and elevating. You are a priority now even with the grandkids. Fall decorations sound wonderful and cheery.
 
Great to hear the swelling went down! You sound busy. A lot going on in your household. I hope you take time for, YOU. :wink:

I love Fall and Fall decor. Have fun sprinkling a little Autumn around your house. It should put you in the mood even if it’s still green in your neck of the woods.
A peaceful evening to you!
@Postalgal
 
Goodness @Postalgal you sound busy! I’m still lying in the recliner, making my husband and kids wait on me! Seriously though, do make sure you rest and ice. I am jealous of your fall decorations - we are still in the triple digits. Maybe I should decorate and see if that brings some fall weather!
 
@leejaa @Ozinthedesert @Layla We didn't get time for the decorations. I took an energy drop and then it was, down for the count. Thank you for reminding me of me, and hubby also reminded me this morning.

I haven't had a pain pill for 24 hours, I didn't rest though last night, just fidgety. Hubby said you should take a half or something, then the lecture of body needs rest to heal. Yes, I know that, and I forget because I have to , or think I have to take care of everyone else! uGHHH Ok, regroup, thank you for reiterating about the take care of YOU, we all need reminded. @Ozinthedesert enjoy, and let them pamper you, one shot at healing correct. Sounds like you are doing well!
 
Hubby said you should take a half or something, then the lecture of body needs rest to heal.

May not be bad advice from good ol hubs. If you were restless overnight due to discomfort it may be too early to eliminate all meds. Sleep is important because that’s when our body does its best healing.

Try to take advantage of this down time and let others hold down the fort. It seems you’re a loving caretaker of everyone else so allow them to show thanks and appreciation by caring for you. It’s teaching your grandkids kindness, empathy, how to be sensitive toward others and how to assist those in need. All valuable life lessons.
Find a cozy spot, put your feet up and relax...you deserve it. :)
 
Take your meds... Best way to get the test and stay mobile ...
No hero medals for not having medication to help your body through these first weeks.
I get that it feels off. .but all temporary, and you need your rest.
Hope tonight is a chilled out night :ice:
Hugs xxxx
 
Thank you all, no not a medal to be had! lol I had a better night last night. I took 1 hydro, got woozy, and somehow the worries still come through. Issues with SS, grown, anyway, very hurtful for us. So I managed to close that box and drift off for awhile, then again. Feel much better today.

I am ready to get out! So we have plans to go to our shop tomorrow, and let me see what the guys have done or goofed! lol Today, DH will come home about noon, yay! He's getting a new tractor to play with, well much needed. Another cutting of hay to get possibly. Yes, I drive them too.

It was today 4 years ago, we went to the movies, no chance this time, thank you covid. :groan:Hopefully soon though, hmmm, popcorn balls, caramel apples, fall things we can do!
Stay happy! Everyone have a wonderful day!!! :loveshwr:
 
Movie night at home with popcorn and recliner with ice :ice: . Halloween movies are fun.
 
Friday plans did change and I got a ride to our shop and caught up on paperwork. About 3 hours total and I was ready for home. Saturday, DH took a 6 hr drive to and from to retrieve the tractor he bought. I stayed home and that was a scary day until he got home. Having the right side operated on, from the ride Friday, no way I can use that foot in case of a quick brake. So, I am wondering how soon with the right foot to drive? 6 weeks? Longer? When did everyone else?

I see the Doc Thursday, ready to get these stockings and ace bandage off for good! Sleeping on non operated side with a pillow between the legs. I tried without thinking to turn on the operated side and quickly was reminded, that was a no by the incision. I think that is the worst part for me, is the sleeping comfortably.

DH is taking tomorrow off, before I go nutso stir crazy, lol! Just a little longer......
 
First of all ask your surgeon when he is releasing you to drive. With my last hip I was told if I was not on any prescription meds I could drive at 4 weeks. I could not drive at 4 weeks but I had official permission which is great as to avoid any insurance issues. The trick with driving is being able to quickly shift between the gas and break and also to be able to stomp on the break hard if needed.

Many people wait till they think they can and then go to a parking lot and see what it feels like and can you shift your leg easily without pain or discomfort and can you stomp on the breaks. My theory is that it is better to be safe than sorry and I really do not want to harm myself or worse someone else.
 
I am wondering how soon with the right foot to drive? 6 weeks? Longer? When did everyone else?

I was released to drive at my first post op appointment, three weeks after my surgery. However, I didn’t feel ready, was feeling apprehensive for some reason. I did practice in my quiet neighborhood, as leejaa mentioned above. I wanted to make sure I was comfortable hitting the brake quickly before I ventured out on the big bad roads, which I did at four weeks post op. :driver:
Good luck with your appointment on Thursday. Share the good news afterward, we’re all ears and love updates.
 
I was cleared to drive at my 2-1/2 week post-op, as long as I was off narcotics and it was an automatic, but have declined to do so quite yet. I just want to feel a little bit steadier before hitting the road.
 
Thank you everyone! No way will I try or attempt until I know I can move that leg quick to brake. So it sounds like maybe not too far off! I will definitely ask when I can Thursday. Practicing on our backroads sounds like a good idea when I get the ok and feel comfortable.

I am extending my walking distances and feeling good. It does feel like I am carrying about 2 bricks where the new hip is. Oh what a feeling? Doesn't hurt, just feels heavy. This recovery is totally different from the last, and I am wondering if it had to do with the years of pain, compared to just a few months and I decided I wasn't waiting that long? In other words, so much less pain, knock on wood!

Today is my 2 week mark, flying by, and dragging at the same time! lol I am so glad I did it and it's done and not awaiting the Oct. 26 second offered date!

Doing a little bit of cooking, tiny, mostly getting it started and granddaughter takes over. Doing some tasks with the walker, and sometimes forgetting it's standing there. Grandson hollers Grandma! lol He is 8, watching my progress. Today he said Wow Grandma your HEALING! lol Too cute! I think I worried him at first, so now he's happy to see Grandma up and going lots more. Love the Grands!
 
Great report! When you are halfway to Point B and realize the walker is back at Point A, it could be an indicator that you are ready to advance to the cane. Your grandson sounds like a keeper!!
 
I drove today! Just a very short, slow drive to pick up my kids from their bus stop (elementary kids have to have someone meet them). Dr had said as long as I was off narcotics and felt comfortable I could drive when I was ready. It was fine, but very little traffic (maybe 1 other car) and a 2 minute drive. The worse part was the seatbelt at the top of my incision. I doubt that I could drive far yet, but it’s a start.
 
Glad to see how well you are doing :egypdance:
That heaviness "log leg" feeling hung about for a bit with one of my legs also...
Seemed like once it improved...walking was okay but making it get in the bed or in the car on its own required some help.
Babying it until it's ready to go it alone cost me nothing in terms of recovery.
Early days...and all temporary.

Hope the rest of your week is Sweet.:flwrysmile:
 
Great report! When you are halfway to Point B and realize the walker is back at Point A, it could be an indicator that you are ready to advance to the cane. Your grandson sounds like a keeper!!
Yes!
I am doing a little experimenting and for sure waiting until tomorrow and see what the doc says...thinking I am good, just need the ok :happydance:
 
I drove today!
Woohoo!!! I am thinking I can, but just not ready yet. I really want to try out our ranger on the farm. DH has drove me around twice so far looking at the cows. Probably I will wait until after tomorrow and see where I am with the Doc. Right now so busy with these kiddos school work especially the 9th grader. I think these teachers are making sure she is busy all day everyday. This is end of quarter week, so reviews, tests. So happy you did that, be careful! :thumb:
 
@Mojo333 I definitely admire you and the other bilateral hippys! I do not know how you all managed, me being a wimp! I will have to read your recovery thread. At the time I had the left one done, I didn't have a sign of ever having the right one done. But it was in the cards for me I figured then and said and did it, that I would not wait.

I took the ace bandage off, that's enough. DH and I agreed I am moving, it's over 2 weeks, I see the Doc tomorrow and I need some sort of freedom! Ahh, much better! So much I want to do, need to do fall cleaning! Watched the tidy shows on Netflix and ready :dancy:Ready to move mountains!:loll:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom