Bilateral TKR I made it

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it took probably 4 months for the stiffness to go away--but it gradually was getting better all the time after about 10-12 weeks.
Do you take any tylenol or anything?
 
Stiffness can be a problem for quite some time. Remember, tissues are still healing and stiffness is still pain. I hope you are still taking some pain medication, especially since you are back to work. There is no prize for getting off meds early! Can you ice at all at work?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I dont really have time to ice at work. I do it for an hour when I get home. Getting easier all the time.
 
Ok 15 weeks out. Everything is so much better. I have slight pain rt lat side of knee. This seems to swell slightly. Most of my job consists of bending walking and standing. The first weeks were tough. Had to get doc to make me a new release as we were shorthanded at work. I dont think he thought going back to work for 10 hours at 9 weeks was too good of an idea. The first week I was on the 10 hours was the worst. I would come home grab ice take a pain pill and sit in recliner till bedtime. I still feel some stiffness after a long car ride. I have problems getting my legs comfortable in bed. Seems no matter how I have them when I go to sleep I wake up in a fetal position. Takes a few minutes to get going in the morning and then all is well. I take nothing but a tylenol or advil once or twice a day. I am now glad I did this. There were many times when I asked myself How Stupid can I be. Glad those weeks are over. Another problem I had was breaking out in tears for no reason. Also hair falling out. Hope the hair comes back not the crying. I was lucky. My bil knee surgery was 64000. I paid 932.00. Great insurance and great surgeon. Thanks for all the info and guidance before and after the surgery. Its nice to have someone that knows How You Feel.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom