Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR I know this gets better, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sorry for your loss. Sending warm thoughts and hugs for you. I cannot even imagine what you are going through. We are here for you when you are ready.
 
Shannon @Twinsanity
I am so very, very sorry to hear about the sudden loss of your wonderful husband. I can not begin to understand how you must be feeling. Remember we are all hear for you if and when you need us.
Big hugs
Speedy2
 
You need to get out of that place fast!!! You would have been better off in a motel room. Go home and just stay in your bedroom until you're comfortable with stairs. Your story makes me glad my surgeon normally sends people straight home from hospital.
 
Shannon, I am so sorry to hear about your husband. You will be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope god gives you the strength to get through this.
 
My heartfelt condolences, was shocked to read of your husband's death so suddenly as he had been right there for you in your tough recovery. Wishing you the very best in such a sad time.
 
I'm so very sorry about the death of your husband. I can only imagine your grief, made so much harder by the suddenness and the fact that you are still in the early stages of your recovery.

I hope you have loved ones near you that you can rely on during the tough days ahead. Your earlier posts show you are a strong woman - take it an hour at a time if you have to and know there are many here sending you strength.
 
Prayers and strength for you. I'm so sorry.

Jacki
 
So sorry about your lost. It sounds like you are a very strong lady.
 
Hi Shannon, I am just following your thread now and I am so so sorry for the loss of your husband. How awful. I truly know how you feel as I lost my husband though not suddenly, but I am still so sorry that this has happened to you at this time. You will get through the healing process of both your knees because your husband would have wanted that for you. My heartfelt prayers are with you.
 
I am slow reading your post . Sorry to hear of your extreme heartbreak . Recovery is tough enough then to have the added pain and hurt . Prayers, Pam
 
I'm so sorry to read of the loss of your husband. Know we are thinking of you.
 
Thanks so much, everyone, for your thoughts and encouragement. We were getting a bunch of snow and people bought out the grocery stores. I was all, it's Michigan, we get snow. No biggie. And then we couldn't get out for a couple of days. I asked if he wanted me to go with him to the store but he said it was too cold for my knees (-47 degree windchill) so our 15 yo daughter went with him. They stopped for gas on the way, he got out to pump it and collapsed. She got help for him and someone knew CPR so we know everything was done that could have been. No what ifs. I don't know that *I* could have gotten down on the ground to do CPR, though I would have tried. I really wish she didn't have to see that.

I have learned that my knees are already stronger than I thought they were. I've put a lot of walking and stair climbing in with all of the things that must be done at times like this. Have not elevated or iced since...well, the morning of the 6th, I guess. My knees hurt at the end of the day but my heart hurts worse. At least the knees feel better in the morning.

I am so incredibly grateful I was able to have my knees done and recover and heal as much as I have before this happened. We had great insurance through his work (gone now, unless I can afford COBRA) and he took care of everything while I couldn't. And now, I guess I have to take care of everything.
 
@Twinsanity Shannon, my prayers go out to you. I continue to pray for strength for your knees and even more strength for you and your daughter's sudden loss. I know Cobra is expensive which is one reason I had to go back to work this week, though my body felt like I could be out longer. Try to keep the faith and one day at a time.
 
Shannon - I am so sorry for your loss. i can't imagine what you and your daughter are going through. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. We are here for you!

Hugs,
Denise
 
[Bonesmart.org] I know this gets better, right?
@Twinsanity , Shannon, I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Your BoneSmart family is here for you whenever you need us.
 
Oh how awful! Just proves how fragile life is and how we should take every second and treasure it because we just never know. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom