I have arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long before the limp goes away?
Same as "how long is a piece of string". This is different for every THR - literally. Retraining yourself to walk can be challenging. Keep using a cane or crutch - especially when you are tired. Focus on heel, toe walking. You'll get there!
 
@forbesy the itching was awful. That went away the day or so after I got the staples out. The staples hurt for me coming out but not sure if it was just ny tender thin skin.
 
@Jaycey I use the crutch most of the time. I just find myself forgetting it. I try to remember. I do always use it first thing in morning and before bed. Its the in between times.
 
The muscles are weak now but as they gradually get stronger and your gait improves the limp will disappear. As Jaycey said it is important to heel toe walk ( this takes concentration and practice but really pays off) and this is best achieved using your cane. I know it is easy to forget the cane but it really does help to retrain your walk. With my first hip I used my cane until week 11 post-op, but remember everyone is different.:walking:
 
Haven't heard from you in awhile And I think of you often since we had our surgery on the same day. How is everything going? I hope you are continuing your excellent recovery!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom