THR I have a brand spanking new hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello friends!
Haven't posted for awhile as everything has been going quite well and family life has been busy. As of today, we have an extra child living with us for one week! (I've got 3 kids aged 16, 13 and 9, so our house guest makes 4!) Our daughter (the 13 yr old) is in a French immersion program and we have a student from Quebec staying with us for an exchange. Our daughter traveled to Quebec back in February and stayed with his family for a week and now Charles is staying with us! They will be busy with fun activities on school days...field trips to local attractions with her class. So, evenings and the weekend we are entertaining and showing him our city.
Remember that my original surgery date was Feb.15th, so I should have been almost 3 months post-op now...I would have liked to be able to volunteer more with the school activities, but I'm glad that I feel good enough to keep our commitment to having him stay at our house! I know that the week will go by quickly and then I will take a big rest and try to focus on myself and recovering :)
--Robin


RTHR, MIS (minimally invasive surgery), posterolateral approach, Feb. 15, 2016-cancelled :( waiting for a new date
 
Hope all is going well and you enjoyed the time with your exchange student and were able to enjoy some sightseeing!


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
Thanks @dandy_candi things are going well! I'm now 5 1/2 weeks post-op. In general, I feel great, no more arthritis pain, just soreness near incision, and sometimes my muscles ache. I'm only using a cane when I go out as a visual aid for other people to not knock me over, lol! Tomorrow I'm starting a post-op hip program for 4 weeks, 2x a week, 45 minutes in a pool and one hour land exercises. Still not having the best sleep, it's hard to get comfortable in bed. Also, not able to drive yet, but I'm hoping soon...still taking a small amount of opioids and my new hip side is my driving leg. I should be able to in about a month.
There are 6 weeks left until school ends for my kids, so I am planning on using that time to focus on me! Lots of rest, walks, my post-op class. Once the kids are out of school for summer holidays it will be a gong show around here!


RTHR, MIS (minimally invasive surgery), posterolateral approach, Feb. 15, 2016-cancelled :( waiting for a new date
 
Hi @Kitsmom - my hip buddy. Similar stories I think. Not really soreness near incision, just slight swelling and numbness. Scar is healed beautifully. Also longing to be able to drive again, but cannot see OS for another 3 weeks due to him being terribly booked up, so the delay is frustrating as I'd love that independence back again. Your happy household sounds like fun. Don't overdo it!
 
Glad to hear your going well! Exciting to start some more exercise! Enjoy that 'me' time before the kids get out of school!


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom