Guest viewing is limited

TKR I did it!!

I actually did watch a video of tkr prior to surgery-really wish I hadn’t though.
Yes at the clinic they have game ready machines and it just was great- it covers so much at once. I don’t think my insurance would pay and the ice packs the hospital gave me work pretty good. I wish I had something for my calf’s though-that swelling is insane.
but ice has been my best friend since the recovery room.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
While you claim you whine too much here I am 330am why my wonderful knee is acting up. Putting it bluntly it hurts, its been one of those nights cannot get comfortable due to knee pain and yes it stinks.

I love the game ready checked prices wow a used is approx. 2000.00 cheap right?? When you buy yours just get 2 and send me the other haha.
Instead of buying ice packs and yes these do work and last a good while. I tried the bone smart DIY ice packs need 1 gallon zip lock bags 2 per ice pack need rubbing alcohol and water. Take 1 bag add 2 cups of alcohol and 8 cup water. try and get majority of the air out zip it shut then put inside 2nd bag then in freezer overnight next day ice cold and able its pliable. All you need ace wrap to secure but my guess leaving the hospital your knee was wrapped so use those.

The video of a replacement like I wrote pretty disgusting in my case the one I watched was they did a revision w/o detail chisels and a hammer came into play!! Based on what I saw its pretty much a given why you hurt afterword's.

Maybe we should start our own club dedicated to those that complain following replacement surgery. To join one must complain numerous times how lousy they feel. Based on my complaints it would be easy for me.
 
Had my 10 day post op. I have so much swelling she is having me get an ultrasound done this afternoon as a precaution. She said it’s unlikely to be dvt but wants to be safe. Also am set up to see a lymphadema specialist to wrap my leg to help blood flow and reduce swelling. Should I be worried?
 
Last edited:
I’m afraid I can’t help with the medical questions @Cococay, but I reckon one of the experts will be along to advise and reassure v soon. I have had Lymphodema wraps before but on my arm as a result of lymph glands being removed after breast cancer surgery. It’s nothing to be alarmed about they know what they’re doing. Mine is totally under control now, just a slight swelling of my wrist. I know it’s different ..... different limb, different cause....but it sounds like they are taking good care of you.

And I second FC Bayern’s congrats on recovery! I gave up alcohol nearly 3 years ago - we should be proud!

Please let us know the results of your further appointments.

Hugs
 
Should I be worried?
Worrying won't help you right now, your medical team is on top of it and you will have answers soon. In the mean time, rest, ice, elevate, and try to find something to keep your mind occupied, a favorite TV show etc. @Cococay. My knee was pretty huge 10 days in as well.
 
Thank you. I’m a worried by nature - so I’m gonna try not to be on my phone looking up statistics and signs -symptoms- that just makes it worse.
im grateful I have all of you to come to.
 
Just spend your time Resting, Icing, and Elevating.
The lymphedema specialist will help reduce your swelling, glad your surgeon has recommended someone.
The ultrasound is just an extra precaution.
 
Please do stay away from doctor Google, by the end of the day you will find yourself with a dozen exotic diseases. :heehee:
 
All you're doing is driving yourself nuts. You're less than a month out. As everyone has written it's going to take months maybe even a year before you are completely healed up. I am a month out and yes I have lots of swelling, not going to google looking for reasons. You're doing fine.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My PA called- i was waiting for her but I somehow missed it but she left voicemail—she said ultrasound is good-. I’m so relieved!!!!
going out twice yesterday took a lot out of me- I hate that but I know surgery- and general anesthesia is hard on a body.
I have a rash on my knee area - anyone have anything similar?
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I did it!!
    67B412F4-03E9-4B7A-8D97-23169E6BFCC4.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 328
  • [Bonesmart.org] I did it!!
    B4E87856-F84E-4F8E-927B-C7710E25E211.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 319
Good to hear- the PA said she didn’t think it’s infected but watch for it. I mean it’s still staying -actually it’s a bit worse then it was but I have o fever etc.
so last night I was needing something that fell on the floor so I bent down at my waist and I think my feet were pointed to the side- but when I was down low I heard something - not quite a pop or a crackle- and I felt a pain behind my knee at same time.
yesterday I had 2 appts at different times and it was a lot to do all that -so today I can’t tell if the back of my knee hurts cuz I did something to it or from overdoing yesterday?
 
I learned the hard way after one of my surgeries to not bend down to pick up something-and bought a reacher contraption. I still use it occasionally when not actually recovering. It comes in quite handy when recovering and when just needing to reach something without having to go get a step stool.

A day or two of icing should help with the pain; it's likely you just took a little trip to the ODIC.
 
ODIC= Over Did It Club
 
@Cococay

Based on how the knee hurts, along with swelling, it very easy to assume bad things are going on with your knee. Trust me, yes I overdid it, yes the pain and swelling is bad. All I have done been crying off and on this evening due to how it feels. Did get ahold of on-call and as expected there is no magic cure. Yes, I whine, cry this whole ordeal has been one bad experience. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and hope tomorrow is a better day.
 
Hi @Cococay

So pleased to hear your ultrasound was clear! Sounds like you did overdo it - I too wondered what the ODIC was !

When will you hear about whether they are to Lymphodema wrap your leg? How is your pain? The PT you had timing wise sounds the same as what they’ve advised me. My COVID test is part of pre op only 2 days before the op.

Wishing you well
 
I am home now- from my Parents. Blessed to have had all that help but feels good to be home.
so I mentioned that on Friday at my post op the PA was mildly concerned- not even- almost concerned about a red rash that was itchy.
now 2 days later it seems a lot redder. I don’t have a fever although it sounds like that doesn’t always happen right away. Pumpkin I think it was had said there were others with a similar rash and it was fine- I just wondered if anyone has had it where it gets redder - is it possible it’s from the lymphadema, I’m adding pic from Friday and today.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I did it!!
    B2CBFA9D-D9EA-4360-9DEE-332D1FAD9787.png
    186.7 KB · Views: 259
  • [Bonesmart.org] I did it!!
    F76148A8-DBFE-478C-8441-F2FFE3D63AE9.png
    171.1 KB · Views: 264
I guess I was just “talking” about it. If I was super worried I would go in. I’ve used the site as a way to I guess get assurance-but i will stick to just if I have serious questions. Just FYI though- I have not called my clinic at all- I was talking about things that were coming up on here.
Sorry. I didn’t realize it was coming off like that & bothering anyone.
I will make sure I’m more selective-on what I post or questions and be careful going forward . Again-I’m sorry-
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom