TKR I did it again! I'm on the recovery side again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic that you saw your grand daughter and no set backs from the trip.
 
Redbird, have you gone back to work yet? I remember you were thinking of returning to work soon.
 
Hi Leejaa,
How are things going with you? To answer your question I will be going back to work on November 4th hopefully. I see the doctor on Thursday. I'm doing good but having trouble sleeping. My knee does not like the pressure from the bed, it also seems to hurt mor on the inner side of the knee. Doing my exercises and riding my bike outside today I did three miles! Just don't understand the bed thing! :tantrum: oh well I know it will past :) tell me how are you doing?
Just me,
Linda
 
I am staying on track- walking further and just got on my stationary recumbent bike- no resistance but can go around and doing 10m. Doing at home PT and probably will avoid going to OP PT and just continue at home. Seeing my OS on Tues. Planning on returning to work on 10/27 most likely part time 3d/wk. as I have used up all my FMLA time between the surgery in Jan and now. It should be OK- I did the same last time. It was hard but doable, especially since my husband drives me and picks me up as his job location is past mine so he has to go by my place of work anyways. At times, I cannot believe that I will be back at work in 2 weeks- a bit worried but will hope for the best.

Nights are still touch and go - up many times a night. Finding a comfortable spot is getting a little easier - best position I found is actually on my stomach with my right leg down and then just a slight turn up on the left side by bending that left knee and being up on my knee. It seems with my new rt. knee down flat on its front it gets the least movement at the joint and thus least amt of unplanned motion. Are you taking any pain meds at night-- even Tylenol before sleep - I find the Tylenol is actually better at night for me.

I hope your nights get better soon. Take care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom