Guest viewing is limited

TKR I did it again! I'm on the recovery side again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ditzy dinah,
So good to hear from you again, just so you know I only spent 4 days in the hospital and have been recuperating at home. I must say I do follow the bonesmart mentra because for one thing it works and I listen to all the great people in here! We all have our own experiences with the knee and it's so nice to know we are not alone! Who ever created this site a huge thank you ! :yay: all the new friends I have made because of this site is a blessing in it self. I'm rambling way too much ,ditzy really it is very good to hear from you and we can get on our bikes together ! My staples come out Wednesday and I'm looking forward to it but slow and easy wins the race and ice and elevate doesn't hurt either :egypdance:
Just me, Linda
 
Hello everyone,
Well, I think I'm doing ok ,exercises going well. PT just left and gave me anew exercise after I told him where I was hurting the most. I like him he wants me only to do until I have pain not any further says I'm doing Yea! :yay: looking forward to Wednesday staples come out :happydance: I am this excited! Did a no, no today got on my stationery bike and rocked but its ready to go when those staples come out. Yes I am taking one Percocet a night to get better sleep it's working! I feel like I have more energy now :happydance: :yes!: hope everyone has a good Monday!
Just me, Linda
 
So nice that you have a PT that you like and one that follows the bonesmart way. Staples out is a wonderful thing- no more pinching and pulling. Have a wonderful day.
 
I did it I rode my stationary bike today! :happydance: I was scared, I rocked back and forth for a while and before I knew it I had gone all the way around! :egypdance: I even did it twice today not for very long but but I did it! Now I can only hope I can do it again tomorrow! My big news for today!
Just me, Linda
 
Great stuff Linda!! I managed to go all the way round on the recumbent bike at pt, but I haven't climbed up on my stationary bike yet! Saving that for next week. Hope the staple removal went ok. I have just posted a picture of my knees taken right after the staples were taken out, on the badges of honour thread :egypdance:
 
Hello Ditzy,
Great news from you too! Glad you are doing o well! Say, I have a question my husband and I have to make a trip to Maryland, I asked my doctor about he was okay with because we were not flying we are driving, his suggestion to wear support hose and get out and wal every two hours. Do you have any suggestions, just wondering I do no want a blood clot that is what worries me the most!
Just me, Linda
 
Linda, when are you going to Maryland. I know I saw somewhere on this site that other doctors recommend stopping every hour and walking, also do ankle pumps in the car. Might want to take some way to take ice pacs with you if your leg starts swelling from being down or are you planning on spending some time on the back seat with legs elevated? Sounds like a nice trip

Congratulations on the bike ride.
 
Hey lee,
Family emergency we are leaving Tuesday husband said we could stop every hour and stretch we will be in Maryland by next Thursday as husband is not well and tires easily. He has MDS and this year he has had five blood transfusions so we are planning on taken it very slow. He's very good to me so I need to be there for him! We have been together for 42 years. Do you know if support stocking can be just to the knee ? Just wondering?
just me, Linda
 
Support stockings do come in knee high. I find them to be very comfortable..
 
Good luck with the trip and yes we have to be there for those in our lives- cannot control those emergencies. I am glad you will take it easy getting there. I see from your other comment that you are returning to work in 3 weeks- will that be full time or part time? Do you have a sitting job or will you be on your feet? Yes, it is always hard to balance recovery and work. I am planning/hoping to return at about 6wks myself so that I can meet the guidelines of no more than 12 wks off.

Hopefully, you can keep us posted from the road as to how you are doing. Sweet dreams. Lee
 
Leejaa, and Pam,
So you think support stockings to the knees will be enough for the trip? I'm so worried about this setting me back but my husband said to me you know your exercises and he would make sure I did them and have ice for me afterwards, you got to love him for that! And I do! Leejaa, I am a medical asst so my work requires me to get up and down a lot which I found last time was good for my knee! Today Idon't feel good didn't sleep well last night decided to stop my one pain pill and go back on my aleeve. I'm not in pain just uncomfortable , oh well! Leejaa how are you doing?
Just me, Linda
 
That is wonderful you have been with your husband for 42 years Linda! Very few of us are able to achieve that in happiness. I am sorry to hear that it is family problems causing the trip, but it sounds to me as if you have got the practical details well sorted out. If you intend sitting in the front, you might want to think about piling some cushions in there, so that you can support your legs somewhat. I have found that more comfortable than having them hanging down. Go well :SUNsmile:
 
Linda, that feeling of uncomfortable is a version of pain, it is just not the bone on bone pain that we had been used to for so long. You might want to go back to the pain med at night. You have made such great progress it is a blessing. Keeping you in my thoughts. Lee
 
Tomorrow we leave for Maryland. I'm dreading the trip but I must family issues. Got in the pool and hot tub and my knee feels great! Did bicycling in the pool on a noodle and deep knee bends in the hot tub could not believe the difference in my knee! Thank you Lord! Now I must make the trip to Maryland I'm really afraid it is going to set me backwards I will still do my exercises and walk and wear support hose I the car but I'm still scared! Just want to take this time and thank everyone for there support and wish everyone success with there new knee or knees just follow the Bonesmart mentra!
 
Hi Redbird, I hope the trip goes well.
If you are stopping regularly and having a stretch and a walk you should be fine.
It is understandable that you are anxious about such a long trip at this stage but when it's broken down into little bits it should be manageable.
Stay calm, wear your support stockings and keep those ankles pumping.
The hot tub sounds like bliss. Enjoy,
Take care, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :thumb: :flwrysmile:
 
Have a safe trip. Keep us posted with how you are doing if you have time. Lee
 
Thank you tooth fairy and Leejaa,
You girls are wonderful you keep my spirits up a big thank you to both of you :thankyou: I hope both of your recoveries are going well too! The only good thing about this trip is I'm going to get to see my one and only grand child . The last time I saw her she was only 3 mos old and now she is six months and trying to walk. My daughter told me the doctor is happy with her progress I think she has a little go grandma in her :yes!: can't wait to see her and hug her! You girls take care and I will post when I can and I will keep up my exercises back to work on the 18 th.
Just me, Linda
 
Hope the trip is going well Linda and not too tiring for you....give your little granddaughter a hug fom me!! :angel:
 
Hi Linda,
I hope you are having a wonderful time. Enjoy every precious minute with your Grandaughter. Grandchildren are such a wonderful gift.
Hugs
Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :happydance:
 
Hello everyone!
I'm hoping I find everyone doing well on there recovery! I am back home again after spending a week in Maryland, my knee is doing great no set backs which I was worried about! Did my exercises every day , i. Even brought my ice paks with me, I am very blessed! And the best part about the trip I got go see my precious grand daughter! Thank you so much for your support I am now going to go in the pool and work on my exercises! :happydance:
Just me, Linda
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom