Guest viewing is limited

I can't take this knee pain anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
K thx-I guess Ill find out monday!
 
We will be looking forward to reading your posts on the "Other Side"! Enjoy this weekend (as much as you can with the nasty knee) and we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers on your big day!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well tomorrow is my big day!I have to be @ the hospital @ 6:00 a.m.-ugh!Again Im more nervous about that d... spinal!I hope that start those I.V's pronto!
 
It is great to see that you have an early time slot---no waiting.

I am sure that the spinal and the happy juice will be just fine---tell the anesthesiologist of your concerns in the pre-op area---when you feel up to it and are able to, let u know how you are doing and how things went during surgery!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@cinrey I have the option of general or spinal anesthesia and am going with the spinal and I can breath on my own even though I will be under, plus possibly a femoral block as well. I did not like the idea of a breathing tube. My OS also puts some sort of capsule in the joint that blocks pain for 48 hours. I know it is scary but I feel like having made these decisions helps me fell at least a little more in control. I go in a week from Friday. Good luck to you!
 
Mako (is) deemed "experimental"
Have you thought of contacting Mako about this? It's been around a good while so I can't imagine why it should still be deemed experimental.

MAKO Surgical Corp
2555 Davie Road
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33317
Phone: 866.647.6256
Fax: 954.927.0446

Customer Support
1 866.647.6256 ex. 2
Monday – Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm, EST
 
I think the issue isn't the Mako implant, but the computer imaging that is done prior to the surgery. Some insurance companies view this as "unnecessary" for a proper TKR surgery and they may require a patient to pay for the imaging to be done. Usually it's not a huge cost ($550 in this case) and most people don't seem to have a problem with it.
 
Regarding computer assissed surgery, this recent clinical paper may be of interest:
Computer-assisted, conventional TKA may offer no difference in clinical outcomes
Although computer-assisted surgery-total knee arthroplasty provided a more accurate estimation of the sagittal mechanical axis and alignment of the femoral component in both the sagittal and axial planes for patients with advanced valgus arthritic knees, it did not result in better clinical results compared with conventional total knee arthroplasty.
https://www.healio.com/orthopedics/...-may-offer-no-difference-in-clinical-outcomes
 
^This is interesting to me. My OS used computer assisted with my first knee, but didn't seem to this time. At least I didn't have any marks on my shin this time. And this 2nd knee is doing great.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom